SunTrust Banks Loudon Area Float Teller 3 in Washington, District Of Columbia
Req ID: W460994
Job Description Our Branch Banking Teammates are often the first to meet new clients and the ones who start them on the path to reaching their financial goals. We help them buy homes, grow businesses, send kids to college and build their futures. By having a conversation, we can understand what our clients need, and can create customized product and service solutions that address them. Our most important job as the face of SunTrust is to build a lasting relationship that help us match our clients with the exact solutions they need to help them reach their financial goals.
Float staff will be required to travel from branch to branch as assigned by Area or District Manager.
Provide courteous and professional teller service to clients. Handles face-to-face banking transactions in a branch, including but not limited to processing deposits, withdrawals, payments and balancing. Demonstrates proficiency in performing basic, advanced and complex teller transactions such as foreign exchange, night deposits, ATM balancing and more in-depth system knowledge. Performs basic client service functions such as stop payments, research requests, Safe Box access, etc. Demonstrates competency in knowledge of risk management and loss prevention. Mentors other tellers on client service and transactional functions. Follows defined best practices for client interactions and service. Strong competency in identifying client needs and making appropriate referrals. Works under established procedures. Ensure compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Responsible for ensuring that all business transactions and practices in the individual's span of control comply with all regulations and the SunTrust Code of Conduct. Pursue on-going education of SunTrust products, services, and other lines of business.
- One year comparable teller experience at a comparable financial institution or extensive retail service and sales experience.
- Must have cash handling or payment transactions and client facing experience.
- Basic math and numeric sequencing aptitude.
Willing and able to follow instructions and work under established guidelines. Preferred Requirements:
Two years experience as a teller at a comparable financial institution.
- Demonstrated ability to uncover referral opportunities.
Solid knowledge of risk management and loss prevention.Benefits: Your life is full of responsibilities; SunTrust provides the tools and resources to help you balance your Work and your Life needs through the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Retirement Plan – 401k with matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Time away from work – vacations and holidays
- Professional development - SunTrust University, an in-house career growth and employee development program
- Tuition Assistance – financial help for going back to school About SunTrust: SunTrust is one of the nation's largest and strongest financial services holding companies in the United States. We offer branches and ATMs in convenient locations throughout the southern regions of the U.S. SunTrust provides deposit, credit, trust, and investment services to a broad range of retail, businesses, and institutional clients. How to Apply? Is this you? If you are qualified and interested, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.