SunTrust Banks Universal Banker FT (40 hrs.) - Downtown Sarasota Branch in Sarasota County, Florida
Req ID: W453431
The Universal Banker is responsible for providing an exceptional in-branch client experience by handling every client need from sales to service. Utilizing a needs-based selling approach, the Universal Banker will provide solutions based on client needs and how they like to conduct their banking. Ensure the client feels welcome and provide them with a one stop experience in processing transactions and fulfilling their sales and service needs. Time spent in various aspects of this role will vary depending upon branch traffic and needs and the role of other teammates in the branch. Proportion of time spent on each will vary day to day.
Establish new banking relationships with clients ensuring they are offered all the products and services that are appropriate given their financial needs. Retain and deepen existing client relationships through a needs based selling approach and delivering exceptional client experience. Provide account servicing and maintenance, and assist with problem resolution for clients in accordance with all established procedures and regulations. Process transactions accurately, assist with operational activities and responsibilities, and maintain flexibility between performing teller and sales related transactions. Encourage clients to use self-service banking solutions including, ATMs, on-line, and mobile banking to enhance their service experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum six months experience as a SunTrust Teller or In-Store Financial Services Representative, or one year of non-SunTrust experience including some or all of the following: service, sales, cash handling or payment transaction experience.
- Demonstrates ability to interact confidently with clients.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and resolve client financial needs.
- Cash handling and/or payment transaction experience in a medium to high volume environment with established processing procedures and controls
- Basic math and numeric sequencing aptitude.
- Willing and able to follow instructions and work under established guidelines
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and priorities during the course of a business day
- Possesses skill, ability and aptitude to deliver industry-leading service, perform routine client maintenance requests, problem resolution and basic sales functions as well as basic teller transactions.
- Commit to advancing knowledge of sales techniques and product knowledge to better serve personal and business clients.
- Contributions made to meeting and exceeding client service and branch sales goals by offering and selling products and services and developing, expanding and retaining relationships.
- Consistently follows defined procedures for bank operations and client service behaviors that contribute to delivering an extraordinary client interaction.
- Knowledge of risk management and loss prevention. Supervision and/or assistance needed with more complex platform tasks.
Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act. Preferred Requirements:
College level courses
- One year experience as a Teller, Client Service Specialist, or In-Store Financial Services Representative at SunTrust or an equivalent position at a comparable financial institution; two years’ experience in a sales and service based position in a retail environment.
Benefits: Your life is full of responsibilities; SunTrust provide the tools and resources to help you balance your Work and your Life needs through the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Retirement Plan - 401k with matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Time away from work - vacations and holidays
- Professional development - SunTrust University, an in-house career growth and employee development program
- Tuition Assistance - financial help for going back to school About SunTrust: SunTrust is one of the nation's largest and strongest financial services holding companies in the United States. We offer branches and ATMs in convenient locations throughout the southern regions of the U.S. SunTrust provides deposit, credit, trust, and investment services to a broad range of retail, businesses, and institutional clients. How to Apply?Is this you? If you are qualified and interested, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.