SunTrust Banks Sr Business Systems Analyst in SanDiego, California
Req ID: W455570
Job Description Highly competitive annual salary & corporate benefits
"This is by far the best online loan experience I have ever had. Your site is easy to understand and navigate, the loan application process was flawless."
We get these kinds of emails almost every day from our customers. Do you want to join a fun, enthusiastic team that works together to deliver service that is guaranteed to be excellent? Does being a part of a fast-growing company based in downtown San Diego appeal to you?
Join the LightStream team! Every day at LightStream, an online lending division of SunTrust Bank and a top consumer lender in the Fintech industry, our operation teams provide applicants with loans up to $100,000 for virtually any purpose, at highly competitive rates. We are currently seeking a multi-faceted individual to add to our growing team who is highly skilled in translating business needs into actionable systems requirements.
The Business Analyst position is trusted to work with our internal lines of business to identify areas to improve efficiency and streamline system processes which, in turn, directly benefit our customer and our bottom line. This individual will have proven analytical skills and can develop solutions to complex problems. This role will also actively ensure implementation of requirements are executed with a high attention to detail. This position requires an experienced individual passionate about delivering high quality work from a wide-span of business needs and includes a high degree of latitude, judgment and autonomy to accomplish the goals and objectives.
- Working closely with the Executive Management, Marketing, Business Development Accounting, Operations, Development and Quality Assurance departments analyzing and recommending process improvements and automation opportunities.
- Defining and writing the high level and detailed system requirements including creating features/user stories/acceptance criterActing as the liaison between the Business and the Systems groups ensuring requirements are actionable and prioritized (must haves vs. nice to haves).
- Resolving ambiguities and conflicting business and technical requirements
- Manages the business and IT relationship.
- Ensures Legal and Compliance sign off.
- Planning & facilitating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Training.
- Acting as the liaison between the Business and the Systems groups ensuring requirements are actionable and prioritized (must haves vs. nice to haves).
- Assisting in the evaluation of third party products and developing requirements for B2B partnership and third party interfaces.
Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in and 5 years of experience as a business analyst or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information
- Toolsets: Through understanding of Microsoft Office, Visio, Workflow Modeling/UML, Use Case diagrams, User Stories
- 10 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
- IIBA Certification a plus.
- Previous experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS) or another change control system such as JIRA.
- Business Systems Analysis, Project Management, System Development Experience
- Experience with Internet/Web, Windows-based, and 3rd Party applications
- Ability to come up to speed on company’s product, business processes and business domain knowledge in a reasonable time frame.
- Ability to work independently while being an integral part of a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize work as unforeseen events occur.
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities and gain concensus.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Scrum and agile methodologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.