SunTrust Banks Senior Product Manager, LightStream in SanDiego, California
Req ID: W454347
Job Description Do you want to be a part of the future of consumer banking? Digital consumer loans are an increasing popular solution with customers, and LightStream has 5 years of experience originating them as the digital unsecured consumer lending division of SunTrust.
As an early entrant to the space we have well established operations and technology, and are looking for talented product managers to join our team and drive growth. As we scale, we will need to expand our product offering and appeal to a broader consumer base. Your role will include the responsibility to ensure deep customer engagement, gathering insight and leading the development and launch of products to meet customer needs in an appealing way, messaged to resonate with them and make a clear and compelling value proposition. As the lead product manager you’ll be responsible for recruiting a team of talented product managers to support you and the growth of LightStream.
Sharing your vision with partners in technology, marketing, finance, credit, and operations to bring your teammates on the journey with you will be critical. You’ll need to be comfortable wielding informal influence and working across the organization to drive your products to launch. LightStream is an agile shop and your ability to leverage that culture to expedite product development will be key.
A breadth of experience with and interest in consumer lending products will be an asset to you in this role as LightStream unsecured consumer loans are issued for 19 various purposes, ranging from new auto to home improvement to fertility.
In the rapidly changing fintech industry, you will need to keep abreast of the competitive landscape and fintech industry, and share that knowledge frequently and efficiently throughout the institution. You will be based in San Diego and will travel to your business partners in the Southeast approximately 25% of your time.
- Keep abreast of the competitor landscape and fintech industry and disperse to the full team regularly
- Establish close proximity to client needs and business imperatives; design products that are compelling for customers and accomplish overall business strategy
- Communicate product strategy to the rest of the business so internal stakeholders understand what we’re doing and why we're doing it, translating technical concepts for non-technical audiences
- Make sound recommendations for lightstream.com
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Help us implement good product management practice, including the regular metric sharing
- Keep leadership informed of the team’s progress and provide a realistic picture of what is achievable with the resources at hand,
- Recruit and lead junior product managers to foster a culture of ownership and partnership throughout the product team
Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years of experience developing, applying and/or leading operational functions
- 7 years project management experience
- 4 years of experience managing people
- 4 years of experience in product deployment and/or go-to-market functions Knowledge of identifying, designing and implementing product operations functions
- Knowledge of the application of product operations functions to generate successful business performance results
Essential skills / experience
- Experience developing digital products and propositions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and persuasion skills
- Clear experience in turning end-customer interviews and insights into impactful products and services
- Experience with user-centered design processes
- Experience in consumer lending, financial services, B2C / B2B
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Business, Math, Actuarial Science, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Statistics, or similarly quantitative field of study Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.