SunTrust Banks Specialty Accounting Manager in Richmond, Virginia
Req ID: W460058
The CDC Accounting Manager 1 (CDCAM1) is responsible for ensuring quality assured financial reporting of the business activities within the Consumer segment, specifically related to Consumer default. In this regard, the CDCAM1 has primary responsibility for evaluating the effectiveness of the design of the internal control framework specifically related to Consumer segment default related accounting and financial reporting requirements. The CDCAM1 responsibilities include management reporting, finance and accounting analytics, the mitigation of financial reporting risk through oversight of internal controls over financial reporting, accounting operations, external financial and regulatory reporting, and accounting policy.
The CDCAM1 partners with other line of business/functional Controller groups within the Consumer Controller group who serve as subject matter experts for specific functions and lines of business within the Consumer segment to identify, implement, and maintain departmental processes and standards related to general accounting, financial reporting, and the general ledger. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- Strong financial and accounting acumen
- Broad financial background and excellent analytic skills required
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proven relationship-building skills and the ability to collaborate with peers and senior managers
4+ years of financial and/or accounting experience preferably within the financial services industry Preferred:
Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- Proficiency with data analytics tools to include TOAD, SAS, SQL. Ability to work with large data sets to aggregate, analyze, and report on key information.
- CPA license
- Banking industry related experience and knowledge Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.