Req ID: R0023376
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Primary Purpose: Develop and integrate complex in-house/third-party software applications that support business processes and information needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Gather client requirements, analyze, design and create complex application solutions.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which complex programs will be written.
- Develop and integrate complex application code to meet the design specifications for simple to moderately complex enhancements or change requests.
- Perform thorough unit testing and correct identified defects.
- Work with the testing team to resolve issues and to ensure software quality. Provide application support including complex problem research, analysis, resolution and on-call support.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs.
- Adhere to Software Development Life Cycle Standards (SDLCS) and applicable Data and Technology Services Policies and Standards.
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced developers and analysts. Regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues. Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent education and related training
- Good verbal and written communication skills Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to train others Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
Ability to travel, occasionally overnight Desired Skills:
Background in Finance or Accounting.
- Insurance industry experience.
- Knowledge of Incentive Compensation Systems from IBM, Varicent, SAP etc.
- Experience supporting vendor hosted SaaS solutions.
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.