SunTrust Banks Asset Manager-ISG - Commercial Real Estate - Chicago, IL or Leawood, KS in Overland Park, Kansas
Req ID: W451064
Focuses on the performance and operations of the underlying collateral for commercial real estate loans as well as default loan management. Works closely with other teammates reviewing collateral performance by utilizing industry metrics and providing clients customized reports to assist them in managing risk. Assists in the development and performance of junior teammates monitoring the client loan portfolios. •Monitor assigned portfolios to ensure compliance with loan servicing agreements and borrower compliance with loan documents •Administer borrower requests including, but not limited to, assumption, defeasance, partial release, collateral exchange, modification, waiver, etc. in accordance with ISG established policies and procedures, and applicable loan documents and servicing agreements •Generate income through transaction fees and the timely collection of late charges and default interest (where appropriate) •Conduct and review collateral property inspections as assigned or performed by 3rd party vendors and follow up with borrower to remedy identified deferred maintenance. •Collect, review and analyze (as required) property operational reports and borrower/guarantor financial statements •Review monthly delinquency reports and monitor loans in assigned portfolios that meet established client or industry Watch List criteria. Coordinate collection inquiries with Loan Administrator on assigned portfolios to ascertain nature of default, borrower’s intentions with respect to collateral preservation and loan reinstatement •Implement Loan Workout/Resolution plan as approved under appropriate delegated or client authority •Review reserve draw requests, payoff quotes, insurance loss administration and escrow analysis prepared by Loan Administrator assigned to portfolio to ensure compliance with established ISG policies and procedures, applicable loan documents and servicing agreements. •Assist Loan Administrators as needed in executing borrower contact during a Significant Market Event •Administer REO activities as needed (oversee property management, brokerage/sales, etc.) •Maintain complete record of approved actions and borrower and lender client communication •Provide appropriate instructions to Loan Administrator for posting and disbursing funds as needed and for funds received on nonperforming loan Qualifications
- College degree or academic achievement in Real Estate, Law, Finance, Management, Journalism or Communication/Rhetoric or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical skills (property operations, borrower financials and market performance)
- Strong PC skills, including a demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to clearly convey loan status and develop loan workout/resolution plan (nonperforming loans).
Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements Preferred Qualifications:
Commercial or multifamily property leasing, sales, management and/or ownership experience
- Consumer debt collection or counseling experience
- Prior Investment property ownership or management experience
- Prior experience in asset recovery, investigative reporting, mediation or dispute resolution
- Prior experience with Enterprise LMS servicing platform Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.