SunTrust Banks Regulatory Control Consultant in Orlando, Florida
Req ID: W455270_Orlando
This position is part of the Consumer Compliance team and has responsibility for compliance oversight of item processing (deposit operations) and other areas of distribution compliance (i.e. branch network, Client Contact Center, Fraud Operations).. Among other things, this role will work in partnership with the line of business to manage compliance risk for deposit operations by providing day-to-day Compliance support, while also supporting larger strategic initiatives. The role is responsible for reviewing and assessing new regulatory requirements, advising the LOB on implementing new regulatory requirements, and provide advice and guidance to the LOB related to new and existing process changes and enhancements. The incumbent must be able to provide policy and procedure development and oversight, analysis of actual and emerging risks, issue management, as well as monitoring and risk remediation strategies. The incumbent must be able to maintain strong relationships and coordination with the business and other risk partners. Example areas of responsibility include:
- Keep current on regulatory changes and business changes impacting item process, deposit operations, and other areas of coverage. Monitor regulatory compliance developments, ensuring that impact is properly evaluated, and required actions developed, implemented and communicated to ensure adherence as required. Advise LOB on federal and state regulatory issues and work with the business to maintain and strengthen compliance and adherence to policy.
- Participate in projects in order to assess risks inherent in significant changes in business processes or work flows, and changes or additions to operating systems. Support business initiatives by participating in the tactical development of the initiative’s compliance and operational process and by analyzing initial and ongoing results of an initiatives’ rollout compared to original plan.
- Develop and implement monitoring plans in order to appropriately identify and mitigate compliance risk.
Assist with other aspects of the compliance program, as requested. Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3 years bank regulatory compliance and/or risk management experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of standard compliance concepts, practices, policies and related state and federal laws and regulatory provisions; such as UDAAP, Truth-in-Savings, Expedited Funds Availability Act, Electronics Transfer Act, FCRA, SCRA and all other consumer protection requirements.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong marketing compliance background with specific knowledge relating to bank operations, branch, contact center, and/or fraud operations.
- Detailed oriented and strong analytical skills, requiring the ability to access and analyze actual and emerging risks.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fluid environment, and to work both independently and as a team member.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.