SunTrust Banks Anticipatory Hire Universal Banker FT (40hrs) Virginia Beach Area in Norfolk, Virginia
Req ID: W469917
Receive training while waiting for a permanent Branch or In-Store location assignment. Provides clients with courteous and professional service within a Branch or In-Store environment. Completes assigned responsibilities according to established guidelines; complexity of duties performed varies by position. Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Responsible for ensuring that all business transactions and practices in the individual’s span of control comply with all regulations and our Company Code of Conduct. Pursue on-going education of company products, services, and other lines of business. Handle a variety of tasks and priorities during the course of a business day; deliver leading service, perform routine client maintenance requests, problem resolution and basic sales functions as well as basic teller transactions. Commit to advancing knowledge of sales techniques and product knowledge to better serve personal and business clients. Contribute to meeting and exceeding client service and branch sales goals by offering and selling products and services and developing, expanding and retaining relationships. Consistently follows defined procedures for bank operations and client service behaviors that contribute to delivering an extraordinary client interaction. Identifies referral opportunities and makes appropriate referrals. Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience including some or all of the following: service, sales, cash handling or payment transaction experience.
- Knowledge and/or skills related to the financial services industry.
- Math and numeric sequencing aptitude.
- Willing and able to follow instructions and work under established guidelines.
Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including meeting the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act. Preferred Requirements:
College level courses.
- Prior experience in a comparable position at a financial services company.
- Demonstrates ability to interact confidently with clients.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and resolve client financial needs.
- Cash handling and/or payment transaction experience in a medium to high volume environment with established processing procedures and controls.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.