SunTrust Banks Associate - Equity Research / Biotechnology in New York, New York
Req ID: W462502
Job Description We are looking for an equity research associate to join a recently launched biotech analyst covering small and midcap biotech companies with particular focus on autoimmune and CNS disease areas. Role requires building and maintaining company models, digesting company filings and clinical data to convey actionable investment ideas.
The candidate must be able to work under stressful time constraints to meet tight deadlines and be able to multi-task. Position requires some travel to company headquarters and medical/scientific conferences.
Desirable qualities include strong modeling and excel skills, MBA or undergraduate degree in finance and prior experience in healthcare consulting or other finance roles. MD or PhD degrees would be a plus but not required. More importantly, we are looking for candidates with a penchant for investigative journalism or possess detective-like qualities who won’t stop until an answer has been found. Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
· BA/BS degree
· 4 years of related work experience
· Strong knowledge of investment banking, market, industry sector, and/or financial products
· Mastery of financial and accounting concepts to facilitate the creation or review of in-depth financial models involved in transactions
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
· Advanced skills in written and oral communications, and interpersonal relationship management
· Solid analytical and sales skills
· Strong modeling and excel skills
· MBA, CFA, prior experience in consulting, finance or other roles in healthcare
· Knowledge of autoimmune and CNS disease areas would be a plus
· FINRA Licenses (7, 63, 86/87) would be a plus but not required
· MD or PhD would be a plus but not required Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.