SunTrust Banks LEAPS Team Manager in Nashville, Tennessee
Req ID: W458123
Responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of a segment of banking operations by providing leadership to include: consistent unit production goal attainment; quality and service level standard development and attainment; identification and implementation of change initiatives; problem resolution; constant client focus. Ensures the operations managed are adequately staffed, trained and developed, exercises authority concerning performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, development plans and terminations. Keeps informed of new developments/technology, protects company liability by ensuring compliance, and reviews/analyzes new methods and procedures to insure department efficiency. Prepares and manages budgets and participates in or directs long-range planning for the areas of responsibility. Fosters relationship building by using excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and exhibiting the flexibility/adaptability to work in a matrix management environment. Manages 2 or more departments/functions, moderate to high level of technical complexity and potential risk to the client and company and broad in scope. Due to inherent compliance and regulatory issues the elements of risk and loss exposure for the bank can be volatile. Represents department on projects and contributes to goal planning for the division. Acts as a liaison with internal clients and vendors to enhance service requirements and processes. Manages tasks which are highly company and client sensitive due to dollar size and/or regulatory issues; therefore focuses on the most efficient disposition /resolution of work handling in a timely manner to control risk. Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years experience in a related field of banking operations or retail/commercial banking.
- 3 year managerial/supervisory experience.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, leadership and communications and analytical skills.
- Intermediate PC skills to include a good working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize, delegate, follow up and expedite all issues daily.
- Ability to motivate employees and client groups to take desired action.
- Experience with project coordination and budget preparation.
- Solid knowledge of financial industry applicable laws such as Patriot Act, AML and BSA, core deposit products and related activities, banking systems, and applicable technologies.
Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements. Preferred Requirements:
College Degree with a focus on business or accounting or 3 years management experience in multiple areas of bank operations.
- Experience with SOX reporting and audits.
- Functional understanding of systems / applications specific to area of responsibility.
- Experience within the SunTrust organization. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.