SunTrust Banks Closing Junior Associate-Pillar in Michigan, Michigan
Req ID: W453424
Support closing deal team in closing transactions for both agency and non-agency loan platforms. Engage insurance reviews and permits and approvals reports, order flood certificates and coordinate the post-closing deliveries to the applicable agency investors.
Assist in-house legal counsel with closing, funding, delivery and assumption processes of multifamily and healthcare FHA insured loans, with a special emphasis on document production and transmittals. Assist with post-closing loan servicing matters and borrower requests (e.g. post-closing easements, ownership transfers, etc.).
- Prepare and distribute the contact lists, coordinate with outside deal counsel, follow up with title and survey contacts, process closing due diligence and facilitate the transition of loans from the closing to servicing and asset management.
- Assist closing deal team with the scheduling and tracking of kickoff calls and closing status calls for loans in closing pipeline.
- Assist in-house counsel and any outside deal counsel on all closings (a) with production of closing checklists/documentation and/or transmitting underwriting documentation to any outside deal counsel; (b) with collecting/compiling/submitting all required documents and items from borrower and other parties; and (c) conducting quality control check on specified loan documents.
- Coordinate with outside deal counsel for the post-closing delivery review and process.
- Tracking of title policies, recorded documents, and any other post-closing loan conditions.
- Maintain the CLOSER system, closing spreadsheets, and/or closing folders to ensure all loan/transaction information is properly recorded and all required documents are updated as needed posted/saved to the system. Prepare correspondence using email, word processing, file sharing, and spreadsheet programs.
- Assist closing deal team and/or legal counsel with compiling and reviewing documents for completeness, assembling required closing dockets, and generating closing transmittals to all parties. Maintaining additional steps in the Closing Process and Procedures as needed, loan servicing requests and assumptions, and related document production.
- Assist closing deal team and/or legal counsel with drafting of loan documents, as needed.
- Assist closer with collecting, compiling, and organizing information for closing statement and draws.
Assist closing deal team to collaborate with servicing department, accounting, and CRE loan administration to prepare loan for funding, post-closing handoff, and delivery. Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
Undergraduate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of relevant business experience.
- Demonstrate solid verbal and written communication skills, planning, organization and interpersonal skills. Demonstrate strong time management skills.
- Display attention to detail with ability to work accurately and efficiently under tight time frames.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office with knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Function in a team-oriented setting while demonstrating ability to work well on own and exhibit initiative
- Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements.
- Some proven business experience and/or experience in real estate or legal document production. Relevant business experience within commercial real estate preferred.
- Under supervision produce high quality and accurate work while meeting short time deadlines.
- Work independently in engaging third party vendors.
- Possess the ability to follow specific agencyguidelines in order to produce compliant closing and post-closing delivery packages.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.