SunTrust Banks Teller 2 or 3 FT (40 hrs) - Laurelwood in Memphis, Tennessee
Req ID: W460109
Our Branch Banking Teammates are often the first to meet new clients and the ones who start them on the path to reaching their financial goals. We help them buy homes, grow businesses, send kids to college and build their futures. By having a conversation, we can understand what our clients need, and can create customized product and service solutions that address them. Our most important job as the face of SunTrust is to build a lasting relationship that help us match our clients with the exact solutions they need to help them reach their financial goals. Tellers will be required to:
- Provide industry leading service
- Complete transactions according to established guidelines (complexity of transactions performed varies by Teller level)
- Identify referral opportunities and makes appropriate referrals
- Participate, support and develop effective relationships with all branch partners including branch teammates, Regional Operation Manager, Financial Advisors, etc.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies.
- Pursue on-going education of SunTrust products, services, and other lines of business.
- Ensure that all business transactions and practices in the individual's span of control comply with all regulations and the SunTrust Code of ConductPerform basic, advanced and complex Teller transactions. Perform basic client service functions such as stop payments, research requests, Safe Box access, etc. Consistently follows defined procedures for bank operations and client service behaviors that contribute to an Industry Leading Client Experience. Knowledge of risk management and loss prevention. Mentors other Tellers on client service and transactional functions. Ability to identify client needs and make referrals when appropriate. Qualifications
Basic Requirements: * High school diploma or equivalent. * One year experience as a Teller at SunTrust Bank, or one and a half years experience at a comparable financial institution, or two years retail service and sales experience. * Cash handling or payment transactions and client facing experience preferred. * Basic math and numeric sequencing aptitude. * Willing and able to follow instructions and work under established guidelines. Preferred Requirements: * Two years of experience as a Teller and/or completion of Core and Intermediate STU Curriculum Training as well as any corresponding Teller coursework. * Demonstrated ability to uncover referral opportunities. * Solid knowledge of risk management and loss prevention. Benefits:
Your life is full of responsibilities; SunTrust provides the tools and resources to help you balance your Work and your Life needs through the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Retirement Plan - 401k with matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Time away from work - vacations and holidays
- Professional development - SunTrust University, an in-house career growth and employee development program
- Tuition Assistance - financial help for going back to school About SunTrust:
SunTrust is one of the nation's largest and strongest financial services holding companies in the United States. We offer branches and ATMs in convenient locations throughout the southern regions of the U.S. SunTrust provides deposit, credit, trust, and investment services to a broad range of retail, businesses, and institutional clients.
How to Apply? Is this you? If you are qualified and interested, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.