BB&T Suntrust Now Truist Application Development Section Manager in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Req ID: R0020840
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Responsible for providing hands-on direction for application related activities for assigned application systems and technologies in support of one or more Business Units (BU) within the enterprise. Provide research and recommendations to BUs for technology solutions; ensuring the solution is in alignment with BB&T policies, standards and processes. Understand the enterprise’s core Information Technology (IT) competencies and the value they bring to business processes for a competitive advantage. Interact with internal customers to ensure continuous customer satisfaction. Coordinate, direct and lead team members within the assigned application portfolio to drive work efforts through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), ensuring effective requirements elicitation, analysis, design, configuration, development, testing and integration activities.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Provide management and oversight to development team in the areas of technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- Ensure technical solutions conform to Data and Technology Services (DTS) standards and strategic technology directives; build towards the future.
- Establish and ensure scheduled milestones on project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Exhibit an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for accomplishing activities related to planning, managing and implementing application delivery of projects and programs.
- Represent all DTS areas when working with BB&T Business Partners to understand business problems and provide solutions to those problems.
- Effectively support the production applications within the assigned area, with a focus on quality implementations and proactive production stability.
- Direct all software development and integration activities for applications within assigned areas to include small stand-alone enhancements, medium projects and strategic large-scale projects.
- Work with other DTS groups on evergreening and infrastructure initiatives.
- Capitalize on synergies between activities across applications within assigned team that contribute to reduced risks, lower costs and faster product delivery.
- Establish efficient processes, policies, standards and performance measurements to effectively manage and optimize product delivery.
- Effectively integrate people, processes and technology across DTS to increase business value and gain competitive advantage in the industry.
- Leverage emerging technologies and automation to improve business efficiencies, enhance speed-to-market of solution delivery, and support business and enterprise transformation and optimization.
- Promote, instill and demonstrate BB&T’s Client Service culture and behavior.
- Ensure team provides repeatable software development lifecycle activities and deliverables following industry best practices.
- Effectively manage risk through providing the first line of risk defense, proactively identifying risks, and implementing the necessary mitigations based on criticality.
- Plan and develop departmental budgets in accordance with established guidelines; administer compliance to meet budgetary goals and negotiate changes, as required.
- Plan and manage the Workload Planning process for assigned team.
- Provide informational reporting to staff, colleagues, senior management and clients on a regular basis to ensure all relative and critical information is clearly and expeditiously shared.
- Direct the human resource activities for assigned team (e.g. counseling, conducting performance appraisals, setting performance expectations, addressing performance issues, succession planning).
- Work with technology vendors to ensure high quality code or service delivery adhering to stated Service Level Agreements (SLA). Serve as the technical point of contact for applications within assigned areas.
- Review technical and business processes, standards and procedures making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Provide oversight on the efforts of your team to make sure that DTS Standards and Processes and “best practices” are followed.
- Effectively manage labor pool resources and dollars using prioritization and working within constraints while preserving high quality delivery.
- Stay abreast of industry trends in software development such as Agile and Software Development and Information Technology Operations (DevOps). Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Computer Science or related engineering degree or Management Information Systems-related field, or equivalent education and related training
- Five years of progressively responsible managerial and leadership experience in technology with demonstrated proficiency in leading people, driving large-scale technology projects, and managing application design and application development
- Two years of experience managing enterprise application systems and/or complex business application solution delivery initiatives
Minimum of four years programming experience developing software, preferably in .Net
Strong business, industry, and technology domain knowledge with broad understanding of technology and architectural concepts
Ability to interact effectively with business and technology stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration and negotiation skills with the ability to deliver optimal, cohesive results
- Demonstrate experience in vendor management
- Ability to act strategically while driving execution on multiple initiatives within deadlines
Ability to lead dynamic and creative work teams in learning and applying new skills to respond to constantly changing business needs and technology environments
Demonstrate experience working within an agile team and thorough understanding of the software development life-cycle (SDLC).
Ability to innovate and create original concepts
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Ability to identify and drive opportunities to improve business performance through technology solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
Experience with Agile implementation
Experience with automated testing or auto-deployments Desired Skills:
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.