SunTrust Banks Manager, Enterprise Data Center - Durham in Durham and Orange Counties, North Carolina
Req ID: W454627
- Responsible for managing and overseeing staff and activities for an assigned area of systems development.
- Ensures the area is adequately staffed, exercising authority concerning performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations.
- Oversees budget, keeps informed of new developments in the area, reviews and recommends new methods and procedures to ensure department efficiency, and plans activities within area.
- Responsible for all application programming and analysis within the area of responsibility.
- Oversees feasibility studies, time and cost estimates and the establishment and/or implementation of new or revised application programs.
- Provides management oversight to project teams.
- Responsible for managing the application programming and analysis for a large segment of the company. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in and 5 years of experience in systems engineering or administration or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information. Preferred Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Banking or financial services experience.
- For a Build Engineer: Experience creating build definitions. Experience with setting up branching approach, defining merging approach.
- Experience supporting configuration of automated unit testing.
- Experience supporting configuration of build package, providing oversight when a 221 build is checked-in into the CI server, handling build dependency impediments raised by the team.
- Experience managing the build process for multiple releases.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.