SunTrust Banks Underwriting Analyst - Frisco, TX or Boca Raton, FL in Dallas, Texas
Req ID: W452826
Members of the multifamily underwriting team provide support and analysis to relationship managers and department initiatives across the firm. Supports the credit team in completing the due diligence process used in making a prudent decision on whether or not to proceed with such items as extension of credit to a borrower and the submission of an application for mortgage insurance to HUD or loan applications to the internal credit approval process. The ultimate objective of the group is to contribute to the process of making a recommendation to the Underwriting Manager (Deputy Chief Underwriter (DCU) or Chief Underwriter (CU)) regarding underwriting approval.
- Participate in review of preliminary transaction information to assess feasibility of proposed transactions.
- Collect information regarding prospective borrower credit profile and upload data in applicable systems and populate information of the appropriate forms/templates.
- Prepare and process various types of application exhibits and checklists or the different product type
- Assist in the analysis of financial statements, determination of supportable mortgage amounts, conduct interest rate sensitivity analysis Conduct follow up on delivery of information from the borrower and loan participants
- Verify credit information of loan participants
- Provide review on loan amount, sources & uses, and terms and conditions of the financing loans for multifamily, healthcare and senior living, etc.
- Assist in compiling all relevant property and borrower information and analysis into a completed underwriting package
- Assist with the preparation of the closing package for the closing team Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting or related business experience
- 1 to 2 years of finance or accounting or related work experience
- Analytical, problem-solving skills and cash flow modeling skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, organization, planning, prioritization and detail orientation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight time constraints
- Possess Excel skills
- Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Basic knowledge of credit risk management at financial institutions, some real estate related courses
- An understanding of real estate valuation techniques
- Experience in Commercial Real Estate finance, construction or leasing
- Intermediate Excel modeling
- Systems adaptability and exposure to various applications
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.