SunTrust Banks Area Manager 4-Chattanooga Area in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Req ID: W463429
Responsible for overall performance of branches within an assigned area. Performance accountabilities and responsibilities primarily include service, sales and operational performance across all segments within the retail branch banking network. Provide leadership and coaching to group of branch managers on these primary areas.
Primary activities include:
- Coaching managers in various aspects including (but not limited to):
- Sales and service performance planning
- Identifying sales opportunities and achieving results on an individual and team level
- Building branch teammate skill sets around sales effectiveness, industry-leading service and transaction quality
- Operational soundness and proper risk management
- Sourcing and selection of branch manager and subsequently branch teammate candidates
- Supporting and enhancing an internal referral network among other lines of business such as (but not limited to) Financial Advisors, Mortgage, Trust, Wealth, Business Banking, Treasury Services, Merchant Services, SunTrust at Work Representatives
- Partnering with Regional Operations Manager (ROM) to identify operational gaps, risks, and execute development/improvement plans
Developing of direct reports on an ongoing basis Responsible for the area’s service, sales, expense, and profit performance by:
Monitoring area and branch effectiveness and progress towards service, sales, and other goals through financial and activity reports
- Identifying gaps in performance and developing appropriate plans to improve performance when needed
- Ensuring consistent execution of the Client Engagement Model This position requires direct management, coaching, and development of teammates in various branches that could exhibit differing market characteristics within an area. Achieving maximum performance from each branch will require appropriate planning, consistent execution of the Client Engagement Model and proper allocation of area and region resources. Each branch within the area is expected to achieve targeted performance results that contribute to the overall aggregate performance of the area.
Ensures industry-leading service levels are delivered by branch teammates. Ensures that branch managers demonstrate and role model individual success by contributing individual production to help achieve overall branch goals. Also ensures that branch teammates achieve success through branch manager coaching and leadership; and that all teammates contribute to achieving all branch level deposit and loan growth goals. Area managers must also work to ensure each branch is meeting performance expectations in investments.
The area manager is responsible for talent management development as well as implementation of talent management and diversity objectives. Follows-up with, and coaches branch managers to, ensure proper In-the-Action and Developmental Coaching is executed within the branch and among all teammates. Additionally responsible for proper execution on and coaching of branch managers with regard to:
- Improving individual teammate performance
- Conducting effective performance evaluation conversations
- Constructing proper development plans
- Utilization and institution of proper corrective action plans when needed Licensed area managers hold at minimum, FINRA Series 6, 63, 65/66 and 26 registrations (or equivalent) and the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) Exam as applicable. Insurance licenses (Life, Health and/or Variable Products), and will maintain continuing education coursework to keep licenses and/or registrations in active standing.
The area manager is responsible for overall execution of banking policy at all branches. Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Pursues on-going education of SunTrust products, services, and other lines of business. Responsible for ensuring that business transactions and practices of direct reports as well as in the individual’s span of control comply with all regulations and the SunTrust Code of Conduct.
Responsible for overall management of sales, service and operational performance for branches within an assigned area. Manages and develops an Area Team Lead.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Managed a minimum of 10 branches for at least 2 years. 3 years Area Manager experience.
Ability to coach and support team to desired performance outcomes. Preferred Requirements:
Managed a minimum of 15 branches for at least 2 years.
- 5 or more years Area Manager experience managing a high performing team for a financial institution.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.