SunTrust Banks Vice President - Risk Administration / COO group (Debt) in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W452692
The role will be responsible for leading Sales, Trading & Research in its execution of strategic, administration and risk administration programs. In the role the individual must leverage business knowledge, program management and risk management principles to design and implement sustainable programs. This teammate will develop and manage effective relationships with CIB business partners, Risk Oversight and Risk Assurance.
· Support alignment with industry best practices
· Provide effective challenge on industry best practices
· Create/maintain business process/trading lifecycle documentation demonstrating effective Risk Taking and Administration ownership of business process, risk and controls. Identify and close gaps
· Build Best Practices for each LOB. Document procedures with ORM and Compliance guidance
· Develop an inventory of KRIs/KPIs. Monitors KRI/KPI
· Active engagement with Operational Risk Management, Compliance and SAS to ensure risks are identified and issues are successfully resolved
· Support annual strategy and investment planning
· Sponsors or Manages department initiatives depending on span and complexity
· Communicate and educate staff on new and existing regulation, policies, procedures
· Support Sales, Trading & Research alignment to enterprise requirements: Access Management, Service Management, Application Owners, KFA, etc.
· Align with marketing to build and maintains Sales, Trading & Research materials
· Work with SFO to understand and align cost allocations for each LoB.
· Assesses impact of new or changing business, product, book, etc. requests. Ensures policies and procedures are executed Qualifications
· BA/BS degree
· 8 years of related work experience
· Knowledge of industry, market and products. Understanding of the debt trading lifecycle is necessary
· Proven ability to develop, nurture and monetize “trusted advisor” relationships with CIB leaders as well as Risk Oversight and Assurance partners
· Advanced analytical and technical skills combined with a problem solving attitude
· Excellent interpersonal style, good listening skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely
· Strong partnering and leadership skills in a complex, matrixed environment Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.