SunTrust Banks UnLicensed or Licensed Premier Regional Manager- Full- Time - Atlanta Area in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W456079
Job Description Responsible for overall management and performance of Premier bankers located throughout region or division. Provides leadership to group of 12-17 bankers focused on service and sales needs in the mass affluent and business segments. Primary activities include:
- Sourcing and selection of candidates
- Coaching bankers in various aspects including (but not limited to):
- Identifying high value sales opportunities
- Conducting in-depth consultative client conversations
- Expanding existing relationships and identifying new relationships
- Supporting and enhancing an internal referral network among other lines of business such as (but not limited to) Financial Advisors, Residential mortgage, Trust, Wealth, Business Banking, Treasury Services, Merchant Services
- Developing direct reports on an ongoing basis
- Leading all sales management activities This position will require direct management, coaching, and development of teammates in an innovative role focused on meeting the unique needs of mass affluent and business clients. Ensures industry leading service levels are delivered by Premier bankers and that bankers are meeting or exceeding individual production and growth goals in deposits and loans as well as meeting and exceeding performance expectations in investments. Holds insurance licenses (Life, Health and Variable) and at minimum, FINRA Series 6 (Series 7 can be substituted) and 63 registrations, either Series 65 or Series 66, and either Series 26 or Series 24. Maintains appropriate continuing education requirements as required for retaining licensing and FINRA registration. Pursues on-going education of SunTrust products, services, and other lines of business. Licenses must be active and maintained or must be obtained within 120 days of job entry date. Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Responsible for ensuring that business transactions and practices of direct reports as well as in the individual’s span of control comply with all regulations and the SunTrust Code of Conduct. Is registered and maintains active, SunTrust sponsored registration in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR) and has been assigned a unique identifier number in compliance with the federal S.A.F.E. Act requirements. Ability to build, lead, and develop a high performing team. Able to source and recruit high quality candidates with potential to succeed in an innovative Retail Branch role focused on mass affluent and business clients. Ability to influence others and to proactively identify opportunities to increase effectiveness of Premier Bankers. Possesses advanced skill, ability and aptitude to coach and develop teammates in a high-degree service and sales role that will yield consistent realization of deposit, loan and investment goals. Ability to partner with Retail and non-Retail Line of Business (LOB) leaders, to include District Managers, Area Managers, and Branch Managers. Able to form positive referral relationships that will drive revenue for Retail LOB and other lines of business. Ensures that deposit, loan and investment goals are consistently met and that direct reports consistently deliver an industry leading service experience to clients. Commits to an ongoing development and review process with each direct report. Experience and proven success with coaching direct reports to cultivate profitable financial relationships with small business and affluent clientele. Supports direct reports’ execution on Client Engagement Model. Supervises and provides assistance in general, advanced, and complex tasks related to relationship building as well as deposit, loan, and investment sales. Strong organization, communication, and time management skills.
Basic Requirements: * College degree. * Minimum five years experience leading or managing a team responsible for direct sales in a retail financial services environment; with direct sales of deposit and loan products as well as sales or referrals of investment products to small business and mass affluent clients. * Demonstrated effectiveness in leading a team to consistently meet or exceed specified goals in deposits, credit and investment product sales/referrals. * Demonstrated ability in leading a team to meet or exceed minimum performance standards specific to investments and insurance. * Evidence of strong partnership and results in cross-LOB referral categories. * Proven ability to lead a team yielding strong performance including sales and client satisfaction results. Preferred Requirements:
- Graduate level courses.
- Prior experience in a comparable position at a top ten financial services company.
- Hands-on experience in a Premier Banker or similar role. Proven business development skills (i.e. top ranking on leader boards).
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.