SunTrust Banks Third-Party Risk Consultant in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W456305
- Manages risk and risk-related policies for third-party vendor relationships.
- Reviews third-party vendors' operational standards and practices to ensure SunTrust's operational risk standards are met.
- Performs due diligence on new vendors.
- Conveys requirements to vendors/third parties or service managers and internal stakeholders and provides feedback on needed modification to internal programs and processes.
- Provides input to management during and after contract negotiation to ensure initial and continued mitigation of operational risk associated with third-party vendors.
- Reports findings of reviews to management, recommends improvements to vendor practices, and may recommend changes to third-party relationships/contracts.
- Maintains a list of known risk among third-party vendors.
- May participate in the development and review of service partnership agreements.
- Career-level professional job that applies in-depth knowledge within own professional discipline and a foundational understanding of concepts and principles of other related professional disciplines.
- Applies knowledge of best practices derived from experience and external networking to solve a range of complex technical and operational problems.
- Takes a new perspective on existing solutions to solve complex problems.
- Exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Leads small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements; plays significant roles in larger, more complex initiatives.
- Impacts a range of client, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams.
- Explains and interprets complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience.
- Works independently and receives minimal guidance.
- May have people management responsibilities for a small team.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of principles, practices, theories, and/or methodologies associated with the professional discipline (e.g., information technology, project management, finance, risk management, etc.).
- Understands foundational concepts of other related professional disciplines.
- Experience managing small projects.
- Knowledge of the industry's competitive landscape and the factors that differentiate SunTrust and its competitors in the market.
- Ability to interpret and explain complex information to a range of audiences and build consensus among different stakeholders.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Master's degree or MBA and 6 years of related experience.
- Previous experience in the banking industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.