SunTrust Banks Statistical Quantitative Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W468161
Job Description Responsible for the analysis and/or development of quantitative models both financial and non-financial in support of the company's risk management effort. Validates and designs methods and models that assess the market, credit and/or operational risks of new and existing financial products. Consults with practitioners, the academic community, and other financial institution in researching the development of risk management models. Ensures that risks inherent in model development and usage are properly identified and managed. Reviews and updates model documentation (methodology guide, user guide, policy documents, etc.). Ensures the Bank's model risk management efforts meet industry best practices and regulatory requirements. Develops and analyzes quantitative models. Researches best practices and new technologies. Performs complex analysis and draws conclusions. May oversee or assist less experienced analysts. Qualifications Basic Requirements:
- Two years work experience in quantitative analysis.
- Strong quantitative, finance and statistical background including extensive background in use of software to support quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrates a high level of technical knowledge and may have developed expertise in specialty areas.
- Masters degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering.
Demonstrated technical proficiency related to the position, including Probability and Statistics; Finance (time value of money, yield curve); Programming skills (Visual Basic, R, C++, and/or Java). Preferred Requirements:
PhD in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering.
- Demonstrated mastery of quantitative modeling requirements for risk management, financial reporting, and valuation models used in financial services industry. On February 7, 2019, it was announced that SunTrust Banks, Inc. and BB&T Corporation intend to merge, with the combined entity to be named Truist Financial Corporation (“Truist”).
The merger is subject to regulatory approval, and BB&T and SunTrust remain separate and independent companies until the merger closes. This position, which would be for a role with Truist or an affiliate, is contingent upon the merger receiving regulatory approval and closing.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.