SunTrust Banks Sr. Statistical Quantitative Risk Model Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W451515
Independent Validation of credit risk (including PD, LGD, EAD), forecasting, and fraud, AML and other types of models as assigned. Effective challenge of the model conceptual soundness, assumptions, and appropriateness of model methodology. Model development data integrity verification. Replication of the model estimates. Model testing including back-testing, sensitivity analysis, stress testing, and benchmarking. Review of the model implementation, verification of user acceptance testing. Preparation of comprehensive independent validation documentation. Coordination of independent validation projects and processes among multiple stakeholders. Participation in peer review processes for model development and validation. Participation in improvement of model validation procedures and supporting methods. Participation in model monitoring and maintenance review. Ongoing improvement of business acumen including knowledge of regulatory guidance, relevant research, risk technology, and financial services industry. Development of strong business relationships with key business partners. Qualifications
- Master’s degree Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in financial industry, audit, or functional equivalent.
- Statistical and econometric theory, logistic regression, linear regression, time series modeling, operations research, and scenario based simulations.
- Model development and implementation procedures.
- SAS statistical software.
- Regulatory requirements such as FRB 11-7.
- Project management and strong communication skills.
- Capacity to cope with a high degree of ambiguity and change.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of cross-functional teams. Preferred Requirements: Masters or PhD. in a relevant field such as Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics; or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.