SunTrust Banks Sr Real Estate Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W455277
The Senior Real Estate Manger oversees all owned and leased branch and ATM properties and has the primary responsibility of developing and recommending real estate solutions that balancing business needs and financial impacts. This role manages and leads 4 teammates that are responsible for evaluating the real estate characteristics of a property and/or a market, managing an external broker network, performing financial analysis, negotiating lease and purchase transactions for new site acquisition, renewing leases, negotiating lease extensions, and executing lease terminations. The Senior Real Estate Manager serves as key member of the CREW team by coordinating and aligning project management and asset management for strategic projects. The role is also responsible for understanding current and future real estate needs based on the assigned business / functional area’s short term and long term strategic plans. This role also manages all financial aspects of renovation program to ensure timely completion and delivery within budget. Responsibilities:
- Retail Asset Management Lead
- Lead and manage a team of 4 regionally-aligned Asset Managers that are responsible for variety of asset management responsibilities focused on new site acquisitions,coordinating lease renewals, lease terminations, rent renegotiations, and any other issues related to the management of leased or owned branch and ATM real estate.
- Client Relationship Manager
- Act as the Consumer Relationship Manager to prioritize and execute projects, coordinating approval process, and proactively communicate any issues and concerns impacting branch or ATM network. Act as a go-to escalation point for the line of business on operations / tactical requests. Accountable for execution of branch and ATM network optimization plans and managing overall deal pipeline; create and manage network of best in class real estate brokers to ensure deal flow and meet network optimization goals.
- Branch Opening and Closing Execution
- Drives a multi-year planning process for branch opening and closings. Acts as a liaison/ambassador to the line of business for strategic and operational real estate issues related to branch opening and closings.
- Branch Renovation Lead
- Responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, budgeting and administering major renovations, minor renovations, and special projects for bank properties. Historically managed annual spend of $30MM - $40MM. Qualifications
- Related 4 year degree required
- Leadership experience with ability to manage and motivate a team.
10+ years previous leadership/management experience in retail real estate with a major landlord, financial service company, or large retailers. Preferred:
MBA or Master’s of Real Estate, CCIM license, Real Estate Law
- 10+years experience in lease and purchase negotiations and commercial real estate transactional negotiation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.