SunTrust Banks Sr. IT Project Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W455014
- Manages highly complex IT projects with significant associated risk. Depending on the role, may oversee multiple projects through the direct or indirect management of other project managers.
- Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor activities and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team and other project managers.
- Provides review, oversight approval, and management of project tasks and dependencies. Influences and negotiates with senior management and vendors to ensure support for the project plan and resources.
- Reports the status of projects as they track against phase review objectives, schedule, budget and risk.
- Develops recommendations and implements improvements to established project management methodologies within SunTrust.
- May apply process improvement approaches (e.g., Agile, Six Sigma, etc.) to the project management approach.
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices.
- Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
- Mentors less experienced teammates to build technical expertise.
May have people management responsibilities. Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience as a project manager or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Deep specialized and/or broad functional knowledge.
- Sound understanding of business and organizational strategies and processes.
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices.
- Ability to lead complex projects.
- Sophisticated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems.
Ability to influence others at senior levels to adopt a new perspective. Preferred Requirements:
Master’s degree or MBA and 10 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
- Project Management certification.
- Agile or Six Sigma experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.