SunTrust Banks Sr. Business Systems Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W452102
Job Description Key activities will include:
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives for complex business systems based on industry best practices and SunTrust's IT objectives.
- Acts as the liaison among the stakeholders to elicit, analyze, document, communicate and validate business and system requirements using industry leading practices within the business analyst profession.
- Ensures all requirements are fulfilled by the technical design.
- Reviews the test plan, test cases and test scripts ensuring traceability to all requirements. Applies industry best practices to improve SunTrust's current practices.
- Develops recommendations to improve processes or techniques.
- Determines the overall requirements gathering strategy and plans the requirements phase of the project including the work division strategy among the project BAs.
- Manages the progress and quality of the requirements gathering activities and adjusts the plan as necessary.
- Plans the risk response strategy to be used in monitoring and controlling all identified risks throughout the requirements process.
- Typically leads moderately complex projects and participates in larger, more complex initiatives.
- Solves complex technical and operational problems.
- Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience.
- May have people management responsibilities for a small team.
- Bachelor’s degree in and 5 years of experience as a business analyst or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices. Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.