SunTrust Banks Senior Financial Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W453798
Job Description The Financial Manager will engage in all facets of the Strategic Expense Management function. SunTrust utilizes activity-based cost management techniques and software for assisting our business partners in understanding their direct and allocated expense structure, and how the consumption of that expense impacts the costs of activities, products, services consumed by SunTrust clients. This requires a basic to advanced understanding of the respective businesses for each Segment/Function the incumbent has accountability. Responsibilities include detailed expense analytics, cost allocation methodologies and measurement techniques, service provider/service receiver analytics and reports, monthly production reporting, and business partner meetings. The incumbent will work closely with members of the Strategic Expense Management (SEM) and Cost Operations Teams in delivering consultative and analytical support to our business partners for making better informed and strategic decisions.
Among other responsibilities, the Financial Cost Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Facilitation of dialog with CFOs in the discussion of potential changes or restatements, impacts to rates/charges to service receivers, or allocation methodology changes and the related timing and impacts of such.
- Preparation and leadership of the monthly review of expense analysis for Actual, Plan and Forecast processes for their respective Segments and business units.
- Monitoring and validation of the monthly billing and chargeback processes performed in the various management reporting systems across the bank.
- Working with Finance community in the creation, alignment and monthly review of allocated expenses
- Ensuring monthly statistics used in the allocation of costs are accurate and timely
- Adherence to and maintenance of internal control procedures, including implementation, evaluation, and documentation
Providing end user support for cost information; facilitating the effective usage and interpretation of cost allocations and unit cost data across a variety of uses Qualifications
Experience in the financial services industry is needed. Must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of how a Banks costs are derived. Excellent financial analytic skills, verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex financial concepts to key clients in a concise and useful manner.
- Ability to develop a strategic vision and articulate a tactical game plan to achieve that vision is necessary. The ability to consider various alternatives and identify the solution that will deliver the highest value added results in the context of the relevant environment is essential.
- Ability to work well with others in a dynamic, team-oriented environment is required
- Demonstrated record of performance in working in both financial and operational business areas is required
- Ability to interpret financial and non-financial information into business improvement ideas required. Interpret and analyze cost information and apply to business needs.
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience in detailed expense analysis leveraging Financial Management and ABC/M Systems in a financial or skill-transferable industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated skill in working with management in developing short and long term strategies.
- Strong skill and ability to make decisions and prioritize competing initiatives.
- Requires an independent thinker and someone willing to drive engagement Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.