SunTrust Banks Senior Enterprise Information Architect in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W460699
Enterprise Information Architects (EIA) work with business leaders in our Chief Data Office organization to build multi-year information management and analytics strategies for business domains. These strategies should enable new business capabilities as well as rationalize legacy technology assets into SunTrust’s Big Data ecosystem. Once this strategy is defined the EIA will work with delivery teams to define and govern solutions that align to vision laid out in the roadmap as well as our technology standards.
EIAs apply advanced understanding of end-to-end data processes and flows and uses that knowledge to develop, recommend, and implement data management solutions. Provides business process, system support, and data quality governance through data coordination and integration on highly complex initiatives. Oversees testing and system validation to troubleshoot issues related to data management and system. Identifies key master data metrics and evaluates those metrics to gain insights on trends that drive future direction for the banks data governance practices. Recommends ways to strengthen data integrity, quality, and availability across the enterprise. Provides training and support on data process to users of enterprise data across the bank (e.g., database designers, BIO analysts, and leaders). Plans and leads complex operational and project activities. Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices. Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions. Mentors less experienced teammates to build technical expertise. May have people management responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience in data management/governance or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Deep and/or broad knowledge of data management principles and practices.
- Experience in defining critical data elements, as well as the measurements associated with the elements to ensure quality and consistent application.
- Demonstrated ability to improve the quality of data and data usage across the business value chain, including “quality at the source.”
- Sound understanding of business and organizational strategies and processes.
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices.
- Ability to lead complex projects.
- Sophisticated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems.
Ability to influence others at senior levels to adopt a new perspectivePreferred Requirements:
Master’s degree or MBA and 10 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Deep knowledge and experience in managing data.
- Demonstrated experience managing change in a matrixed organization.
Banking or financial services experience.Desired Business Exposure:
Commercial Lending (C&I and CRE)
- Treasury & Payments Solutions
- Capital Marketing
- Institutional Wealth Management
- Credit & Market Risk
Banking Financials, Asset & Liability ManagementDesired Technology Experience:
Hadoop/Big Data Offerings (preferable: Cloudera)
- Spark based data integration technologies (i.e. Talend, Pentaho, SnapLogic, etc.)
- Virtualization technologies (i.e. Denodo, AtScale, etc.)
- Python, and R programing languages
- SAS Analytics Platforms
- API Gateways & Data Services
- Big Data Cloud Deployments (AWS, Azure)
- Streaming technologies (i.e. Kafka, Flume, Storm)
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.