SunTrust Banks Risk Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W456857
Provide support to the Finance Operational Risk Managers as part of the operational risk management strategy, as defined in the STI Enterprise Risk Policy. Risk Analysts are responsible for developing, analyzing, coordinating, and implementing an effective operational risk mitigation strategy within assigned Finance areas.Specifically, provide operational risk management support through:
- Monitoring activities related to compliance with operational risk guidelines. This includes proactively identifying changes in personnel, products, processes, policies, operating systems, accounting practices, organizational changes, regulatory requirements and business environment which may impact controls across Finance. Drive communication between all affected parties to develop and implement appropriate controls for new processes, transactions, and products
- Conducting risk and control assessments on a regular basis to ensure the function meets corporate standards that specifically relate to internal operating controls. Assist in updating controls, policies, procedures, and risk/control documentation.
- Participating in the planning and execution of walk through and testing.
- Fostering relationships between peers, management, and Finance partners to ensure that common goals are met and that there is active collaboration between team members.
- Performing walk through QC reviews of completed Finance walk through to ensure
- Completeness that all processes were included in each walk through (i.e. agreement of actual to plan) and
Consistency in the documentation maintained by Finance Risk Teammates in accordance with Corporate Risk Management’s procedure and the Finance walk through job aid.
Planning, scheduling and leading the General Control Testing efforts.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned. Qualifications
- 5 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management.
- Working knowledge of SOX and other regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
- Demonstrate professional communications and presentation skills, strong relationship management skills and ability to support multiple ongoing initiatives
- Project management, consulting or management experience.
- Risk management experience.
- Knowledge of related industry or division. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.