SunTrust Banks Regulatory Control Consultant in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W454263
Responsible for analyzing and understanding policy, guidelines, and regulations for a LOB or Function. Reviews, analyzes, and contributes to execution of the LOB/Function compliance tasks that deal with compliance and regulatory issues. Performs compliance reviews relative to external contract compliance; quality control reviews. Analyzes standard reports and identifies opportunities to correct non-compliance.
Monitors activities related to compliance framework. Reviews documentation, performs testing and supports remediation efforts in the function/LOB. Conducts quality control assessments on a regular basis to ensure function/LOB meets corporate standards that specifically relate to internal operating controls. Assists in update of function/LOB control, policy, procedures, and risk/control documentation. Develops project plans, determines scope, leads projects, and verifies deliverables with stakeholders. Interprets results and present findings and recommendations. Assesses levels of adherence /execution and identifies regulatory control improvement opportunities. Assists with knowledge transfer of resources and processes to other Regulatory Control teams. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years of work experience including audit, operations, or compliance management.
- Strong knowledge of legal and organizational matters and ability to apply knowledge to issues of all levels of complexity.
- Strong knowledge related to regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
- Advanced PC, communication, leadership, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills.
Knowledge of risk management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, and deep understanding of segment/function business processes. Preferred Qualifications:
MBA or advanced degree.
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work within a matrixed organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.