SunTrust Banks PWM Sports & Entertainment Credit Portfolio Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W465812
SunTrust Banks, Inc. is a purpose-driven company dedicated to Lighting the Way to Financial Well-Being for the people, businesses, and communities it serves. SunTrust leads onUp, a national movement inspiring Americans to build financial confidence. Headquartered in Atlanta, the Company has two business segments: Consumer and Wholesale. Its flagship subsidiary, SunTrust Bank, operates an extensive branch and ATM network throughout the high-growth Southeast and Mid-Atlantic states, along with 24-hour digital access. Certain business lines serve consumer, commercial, corporate, and institutional clients nationally. As of March 31, 2019, SunTrust had total assets of $220 billion and total deposits of $162 billion. The Company provides deposit, credit, trust, investment, mortgage, asset management, securities brokerage, and capital market services. Learn more at suntrust.com
About Private Wealth Management
SunTrust Private Wealth Management provides a distinct client experience to simplify the complex needs of the high net worth client. We guide our clients through the wealth planning process with a team of experts, best-in-class thought leadership, and tailored advice and solutions. From banking and cash management, to financing and liquidity management, to insurance, risk management, and comprehensive SunTrust Investment Service brokerage and investment banking solutions, we can meet virtually any financial need you, your loved ones or your business may have — giving you the convenience of multiple solutions from a single source that understands your entire financial picture.
The SunTrust Sports and Entertainment Specialty Group was specifically designed to service the complex financial needs of performers, drivers, athletes, directors and their businesses. The music division began with Country music in 1988 and has since expanded into other genres. Subsequent expansion efforts have since taken us into the professional sports and film industries, and our goal now is to become the preferred bank for the sports and entertainment industry on a national scale.
The Credit Portfolio Manager is a key member of the Sports & Entertainment team, partnering directly with Private Wealth Management Advisors on recommending credit strategies and solutions to meet the needs of clients and prospects. In collaboration with the Advisor team, may act as an additional contact to the client. The Credit Portfolio Manager will primarily be responsible for underwriting new loan transactions, modifications to existing deals, and monitoring credit exposure for Sports & Entertainment clients with total bank exposure over $10 million.
Prepares loan recommendations for approval, including analyzing financial performance and other required loan due diligence
Negotiates legal documents; involved in the closing process for portfolio loan transactions
* Coordinates the completion of annual reviews and portfolio administration activities, such as management of covenant compliance and ongoing collateral monitoring
- Monitors loan portfolio risk and other credit process metrics
- 10 plus years of lending experience.
- Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent experience) with strong commercial or private lending credit knowledge.
- Successfully completed a formal credit training program or its equivalent and has a very strong knowledge of the credit underwriting process.
- Very Strong consumer credit knowledge and strong advisory credit knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of traditional bank products and services including deposits, credit cards, mortgages, etc.
- Solid knowledge of all Private Wealth Management products and services.
- Solid sales skills.
- Excellent client Service Skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines per client demands and ability to change work schedule to accommodate competing priorities.
- Strong computer skills.
- Flexible; readily adapts to change and new products, systems or methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
* Familiar with complex client entity structures and commercial lending products (liquid secured, commercial real estate, yacht, air craft, fine art, hedge funds and unsecured lending)
* Can analyze business financial statements and identify risks and mitigants
* Has market knowledge of loan pricing and structural trends to match client needs
* Graduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.