SunTrust Banks Patch Tools Compliance Officer in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W453167
SunTrust is seeking a detail-oriented compliance officer who will define data governance strategy and ensures adherence to related compliance policy and standards. The candidate will create and implement processes and procedures associated with information assurance and control activities. He/She will perform risk assessments regarding data management activities to identify areas of improvement and possible remediation efforts. The candidate will escalate issues within prescribed governance forums to ensure transparency. In addition, the candidate will participate in high-risk projects and business-driven events and provide subject-matter expertise in the management of risk associated with compliance activities including data quality, data change management, and data sourcing.
- Liaises with all necessary parties to coordinate change building, testing and implementation, in accordance with schedules
- Will automate any processes as needed.
- Engage with department leaders, project managers, software development, executives, and lines of business (LOBs) to acquire support and evaluate all patching changes
- Serve as change agent by driving successful process improvement practices, by diagnosing barriers to RFC success; and by facilitating resolution as appropriate
- Act as an administrator for the Kanban board and set up new boards as needed by the team Qualifications
Basic Qualifications: * Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in IT development or as a business analyst or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. * Knowledge in information systems and ability to apply that knowledge in practice. * Ability to manage competing priorities. * Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations by analyzing possible solutions using experience, judgment and precedents. * Experience participating in IT projects. * Ability to communicate complex information in straightforward situations.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- One or more years’ experience in Data Center Change Management or equivalent experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent Excel skills (pivot table, conditional formatting, metrics reporting, etc.).
- Strong understanding of workflow and processes. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.