SunTrust Banks Operations Risk and Control Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W456856
Provide support to the Finance Operational Risk Director as part of the operational risk management strategy, as defined in the STI Enterprise Risk Policy. Operational Risk Managers are responsible for developing, analyzing, coordinating, and implementing an effective operational risk mitigation strategy within assigned Corporate Functions areas.
Specifically, provide operational risk management support through:
- Monitoring activities related to compliance with operational risk guidelines. This includes proactively identifying changes in personnel, products, processes, policies, operating systems, accounting practices, organizational changes, regulatory requirements and business environment which may impact controls across Corporate Functions.
- Drive communication between all affected parties to develop and implement appropriate controls for new processes, transactions, and products.
- Conducting risk and control assessments on a regular basis to ensure the function meets corporate standards that specifically relate to internal operating controls. Assist in updating risk/control documentation and consultation on emerging risks and changes to the process.
- Leading, directing and participating in the planning and execution of walk through and testing.
- Providing leadership and a first level review of walk through and testing performed by the Risk Analysts.
- Fostering relationships between peers, management, and partners to ensure that common goals are met and that there is active collaboration between team members.
- Assisting the Corporate Functions Risk Director in providing leadership and meaningful input to ensure risk data is captured, risk mitigation strategies and controls are developed, and appropriate reporting mechanisms are in place.
- Performing walk through QC reviews of completed PRCAs to ensure 1) completeness that all processes were included in each walk through (i.e. agreement of actual to plan) and 2) consistency in the documentation maintained by Risk Teammates in accordance with Corporate Risk Management’s procedure and the Corporate Functions PRCA job aid.
- Working independently, utilizing judgment and seeking/receiving guidance on unusual or highly complex issues as needed.
- Serving as a mentor/coach to new and existing Risk Analysts, as well as lead other teammates in project execution.
- Managing direct reports including: Provide appropriate training, Manage workloads, task completion and quality expectations, prepare and deliver performance reviews. Qualifications
- 10 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management.
- Working knowledge of SOX and other regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
Demonstrate professional communications and presentation skills, strong relationship management skills and ability to support multiple ongoing initiatives Preferred Qualifications:
Project management, consulting or management experience.
- Risk management experience.
- Knowledge of related industry or division.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.