SunTrust Banks Operational Risk Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W452687
At SunTrust Banks, Inc., operational risk teammates serve as trusted advisors to drive executional excellence. Within the enterprise operational risk framework, it is our practice to assess the risks and test internal controls associated with business processes. The candidate will join the Enterprise Operational Risk Management (EORM) Team on the Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program. The RCSA is designed to promote proactive risk management and to assist risk takers with managing their risk profile and improving their internal control environment. The candidate will design and launch a new RCSA framework and will serve as a point of contact for ongoing ownership and oversight of the framework for sustainability. Responsibilities Include: Designing the RCSA framework, including partnering with risk teammates to define the RCSA business requirements by leading a working group Serving as the business liaison with Enterprise Information Services (EIS) to work with technology teammates to design the RCSA module within the governance, risk & compliance (GRC) system Building strong partnerships with business owners, risk delivery, and other teammates that will execute the RCSA, including seeking feedback for continuous improvement of the program Ensuring the RCSA procedural documents are accurate, comprehensive, and updated on an ongoing and timely basis Training teammates to complete tasks related to the RCSA Ongoing oversight of the RCSA program, including assessment of effectiveness Ongoing reporting to operational risk leadership and to the Operational Risk Committee on the RCSA and other operational risk items Assisting with tasks related to other operational risk management programs such as the issues management, new products & initiatives risk assessments, and internal controls programs outside of the RCSA Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field
- 10+ years’ experience in banking, internal controls, audit, or risk management.
- Comprehensive understanding of operational risk management frameworks, including applicable regulatory guidance.
- Candidate should have extensive experience in executing operational risk assessments.
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate strong ethical values, including escalating any concerns or issues in risk management processes as they arise
- Experience in project management and a strong desire to transform risk management programs to be more effective and efficient
- Strong written and communication skills
Knowledge and experience with GRC Systems Preferred Requirements:
Experience with the Archer and OpenPages GRC Systems
- Related industry certifications: CPA, CISA, PMP
- Experience designing, implementing and overseeing risk frameworks Experience executing RCSAs Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.