SunTrust Banks Lead Developer - EIS in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W458361
SunTrust EIS is looking for a Lead Developer for a large-scale, rules-based transaction processing platform. The current architecture includes a vendor product, Java applications, web services and queuing integrations. Future state is cloud and micro-services, employing DevOps best practices.
The Lead Developer will lead the development effort of their team, guiding overall technical execution and output, reporting to the Dev Manager and partnering with Solution Architects, Product Owners, and others.
Staying informed about product direction and proactively implementing POCs.
* Staying informed about product direction and proactively implementing POCs.
* Grooming, estimating, elaborating user stories, identifying dependencies, and anticipating risks.
* Ensuring that user stories meet the “definition of ready” for sprint planning and commitment.
* Engagement in the Scrum process with a passion for DevOps and agile processes.
* Designing applications and features to achieve business goals and quality attributes such as performance, security, and extensibility, in alignment with the Solution Architect.
* Dividing development work and assigning tasks to maximize productivity and shared understanding of code.
* Implementing automated unit test cases to support test driven development.
* Mentoring junior developers including pair programming sessions.
* Organizing development projects, installing and configuring libraries, writing code.
* Verifying that code meets standards for style, quality, completeness, and test coverage.
* Performing code reviews and giving feedback.
* Completing pull requests, branching, and merging code effectively to support simultaneous development of subsequent releases.
* Refactoring and re-writing code to ensure consistent standards and best practices are met.
* Monitoring and troubleshooting deployment environment issues.
* Monitoring and debugging automated build and release processes.
* Validating deployments.
* Supporting the test team in comprehensive testing of deployments with sample data, test plan design, investigating failures, etc…
* Performing demos and ensuring product team acceptance of delivered features and user stories.
* Completing required technical design documentation for the release of code by deadlines.
* Collaboration with dependencies for integrated release.
* Responding to and resolving production incidents.
* Interviewing technical candidates.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience as a developer or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Deep specialized and/or broad functional knowledge. Sound understanding of business and organizational strategies and processes. Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices. Ability to lead complex projects. Sophisticated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems. Ability to influence others at senior levels to adopt a new perspective.
Fintech, payments, financial services, or banking industry experience. Leadership skills. Strong communication skills including great listening skills. Sense of accountability and, when appropriate, urgency. Self-motivated. Organized. Able to make daily progress on multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Java, Oracle, MS SQL, DB2, Linux, AIX, Tomcat, WebSphere, IBM MQ / Queuing, XML / XSD / XSLT, Transactions, Cloud, DevOps, Microservices, Agile/Scrum
* Integration with mainframes (COBOL)
* MuleSoft, Azure, AWS
* Eclipse, Spring Tool Suite, GitHub, .NET, Full Stack Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.