SunTrust Banks HR Operations Mgr, Absence Management in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W453091
SunTrust Banks, Inc is seeking a Manager of Absence Administration for its Human Resources Operations Department. The Manager of Absence Management manages SunTrust’s leave administration & absence management services and related processes to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations including FMLA (Family Medical Leave of Absence) and state-mandated family leaves. Serves as a liaison with third-party leave administrator, employee Health and Welfare department, HR Business Partners, employee and the employee's manager for the effective management of the leave lifecycle. The Manager of Absence Management also manages the administration of SunTrust’s time away from work program including, sick, vacation and other company-provided time off. Serves as primary contact for incorporating new sick and other time off programs legislated by state or other agencies into daily operations. Job summary: Manages leave management and absence management teams including all supervisory responsibilities such as hiring, firing, discipline, performance reviews and salary recommendations. Serves as the primary point of contact for all leave of absence, short term/long term, FMLA, and time off issues within SunTrust. Manage escalations from HR Call Center Serves as primary point of contact and oversees the administration by third-party leave administrator. Manages SLAs and vendor performance. Facilitate in-depth analyses and/or studies to improve trends in severity and/or incidence Conducts vendor, security access, HRIS and other audits as necessary to ensure accuracy of records and resolves discrepancies in a timely and compliant manner. Partner with HR in returning employees to work with workplace accommodations Focus on executional excellence by continuously improving SunTrust disability/leave/Time Off related processes and policies Partners with payroll department to ensure employees are compensated accordingly May provide training to departments on employee leave and time off programs and workshops on new / amended leave or time off programs. Cultivate strategic partnerships/relationships with other HR Departments, Managers, employees, etc. as necessary. Qualifications
- Current experience in Disability Management, Absence/Leave Management or Human Resources; interpreting and communicating policy provisions; managing leave of absence administration and/or absence management
- 5 years of progressive experience in Absence and Disability Management, Risk Management or Human Resources.
- 3 years of management/supervisory experience.
BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience. Required Skills and competencies:
Demonstrated strong writing, speaking, and group presentation skills in order to present information in a clear and concise manner to multiple levels in the organization
- Attention to detail and outstanding follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service
- Understanding of complicated aspects of accommodations and transitional duty assignments.
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws regarding access for people with disabilities and/or religious needs; specifically, FMLA, ADA and Title VII.
- Strong analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills when working with diverse UC populations including the ability to remain calm in escalated situations; and demonstrates sensitivity, respect, tact, and diplomacy in all interactions
Excel, Word, MS Office Suite, Access, Workday HCM Preferred:
Working knowledge of state laws regarding worker’s compensation.
- Aptitude for Technological solutions
- PHR or SHRM-CP Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.