SunTrust Banks ETF Project Financial Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W459216
The ETF Project Financial Analyst (PFA) is responsible for supporting, reporting, and analyzing project forecasts to (work closely with project managers) to ensure that all budgeting, forecast, financial posting, capital reviews, and control processes run smoothly. This role will monitor the progress of projects to ensure that they are being managed within the confines of controls and budget/forecast limitations as well as generate progress reports and analysis to managers and Senior Finance Officers (SFOs). This role also make suggestions for improvements to project operations as needed to ensure effective financial management and alignment to the control environment. To fulfill the responsibilities relating to the timely and cost-efficient completion of various IT projects, the PFA must complete a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Monitor and evaluate each step of a project to ensure that it is meeting budgetary and deadline goals via standard or ad hoc reporting for project managers.
- Discuss the progress of each project and talk about staffing needs, schedule changes, project scope adjustments, etc. that impact the financial forecast for the project as well as ensuring accurate financial posting of actual expense within the correct period(s).
- Create and maintain reporting of financial impact and progress of the projects with the Portfolio(s) or other aspects of project from development to completion.
- Presenting the details of these reports during group or one-on-one meetings with senior managers.
- Partner with:
- PMs to prepare capital expense memos (CEs), capital forecast, actuals tracking, and variance analysis of the projects.
- SFOs to ensure Forecasting is updated correctly and aligns with Portfolio direction.
- Peers within Controller team to ensure proper accounting treatment for the realization and posting of actuals, fixed assets, etc. EFT Total Cost Ownership (TCO) and Senior Finance Officers (SFOs) to ensure that all allocations for the projects are proper, aligned, and consistent. Qualifications
- 1+ years with Reg W and SOX controls
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or equivalent
- Demonstrated skill in working with teams in developing reporting and analysis.
- Strong analytical skill and ability to prioritize competing requirements.
Requires an independent thinker and someone willing to drive engagement Preferred:
CPA or MBA; prior experience in the financial industry; 3-5 year of finance and accounting experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.