SunTrust Banks Enterprise Data Center Associate Engineer - Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W454631
- Assists in the configuration, installation, integration, decommissioning, monitoring, operation, maintenance, and recovery of technology solutions (hardware & infrastructure/software/application) in support of existing solutions throughout the full business solution lifecycle.
- Participates in the redesign and reconfiguration of non-standard solutions/components to conform to standards and/or best practices, development of enhancements, coding/scripting, and testing.
- Gathers and analyzes data in preparation for changes to systems and applications.
- Under supervision, performs recovery, administrative and operational activities, including development of process, workflow and playbooks for the daily operation and recovery of the business system. Participates on projects.
- Works within standard guidelines and a high degree of supervision in order to gain practical skills.
- Analyzes basic information and makes decisions within guidelines to solve problems. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Understanding of information technology from conceptual models related to computer systems administration.
- Foundational knowledge of business concepts and terms.
Effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing basic information about system hardware and software. Preferred Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of work experience in IT.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental hardware and software principles, concepts and techniques.
- Understanding of SDLC and ITIL methodology, strategy and tools.
- Understanding of computing platforms such as server, network and storage subsystems.
- Banking or financial services experience. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.