SunTrust Banks Cybersecurity-Head of Identity & Access Management & Client Authentication in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W451983
The Head of Identity & Access Management & Client Authentication directs the preparation, review, consolidation of identity management standards, access provisioning system design & development, role based access control (RBAC) entitlement development, and implementation of role administration. The objective of this program is to give emphasis to service-oriented activities to lead company-wide evaluation, design, and implementation of effective security access provisioning and control solutions geared towards improving our preventative and detective cyber security posture while maintaining compliance with applicable regulations. This role will be responsible for all internal facing identity and access systems and strategies in addition to client facing cyber security authentications controls. Essential Functions:
- Working and functional knowledge of Information Systems technology, applications, databases and integrations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to represent SunTrust Information Security effectively with your peers in standards organizations and partner organizations
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and willingness to drive work and projects to completion in a fast moving environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills are a must
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills required to communicate with employees, customers, and vendors verbally and in writing in a technical and non-technical manner
- Ability to facilitate a team environment encouraging communication and cooperative problem solving
- Provide leadership in formulating policies, standards, and procedures to secure identity information resources; and
- Coordinate the development and management of Identity Management principles and standards including regular periodic reviews of each.
- Develop communication plans for Identity Management principles and standards
- Remain knowledgeable of trends and advancements in information systems and information technology in order to assess the feasibility of implementing new services, systems, and technologies
- Ensure identity & access management services are designed to be compliant with security and privacy standards and other industry standards and practices.
- Build strategy for identity & access management services that are robust and scalable to support the SunTrust employees, 3rd party service providers, and information seekers.
- The ability to leverage a technical understanding of an IAM infrastructure
- Executive reporting experience and the ability to set and drive measured deliverables
- Oversees units that provide development, testing, and production support of SunTrust identity and access management and authentication systems;
- Explores initiatives to improve security and usability of the identity and access management environment, and sponsors projects to implement selected initiatives;
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders and collaborates with other departments to promote and provide secure identity, authentication and access management solutions;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field combined with 10 years of applicable Information Services or Information Security role and at least 5 years of management experience to direct the development, implementation, and management of Information Security.
- Banking or financial services experience.
- Security certification such as CISSP or SANS GIAC.
- Applied experience working in information technology disciplines such as computer system or application administration, information security, identity management, or software development.
- Knowledge of SAML, web SSO, DevOps concepts, and cloud technologies and services.
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and implement best practices to improve products, processes, or services.
- Ability to lead projects of significant complexity and risk exposure.
- Ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges in the context of business objectives and priorities.
- Ability to influence others to adopt a new perspective and handle interpersonal issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to manage a team, including identifying and recruiting talent, managing performance, and making decisions about resource allocation.
Preferred Master’s degree or MBA and 10 years of experience in systems access management or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.