SunTrust Banks Credit Risk Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W452232
SunTrust Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) establishes sound corporate risk processes that focus on identifying, measuring, monitoring, reporting, and managing the risks faced by SunTrust Bank. ERM’s core objective is to deliver sophisticated risk management capabilities throughout SunTrust. ERM maintains insight into risks managed by all corporate risk stewards: Credit, Operational, Legal, Human Resources, Enterprise Information Services, Finance/Treasury, amongst others throughout the Bank. ERM is seeking a Credit Analyst for the Policy and Programs department within ERM. The analyst will perform data analysis and identify actionable insights from various (or multiple) sources of data that measurably improve business outcomes or reduce business risk. Collect and prepare data for analysis, perform exploratory to advanced analytics, and identifies data relationships (patterns and trends). Provides consultation to business leaders and other stakeholders on how to leverage analytic insights to build actionable limits and thresholds Primary responsibility includes providing data analysis for the Mortgage and Consumer portfolios, assisting in the evaluation of credit risk across the full lifecycle of products. Resulting analytics will inform credit loss forecasting, account acquisition and management, delinquency and default, overall portfolio asset quality and evaluating the success of strategic initiatives. Successful analysis will also utilize internal and external data to drive decision-making and identify opportunities. Monitor internal trends and industry trends. Focus on getting the most out of data and exploring new areas of analysis. Qualifications
- Hands-on experience working with large databases and a high level of comfort with Microsoft Excel.
- Analytic programming experience is preferred (SAS, SQL, etc).
- Attention to detail and a sense of ownership for deliverables.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Moderate reporting and automation experience, preferably in a banking environment.
- Comfort with forecasting and cash-flow modeling a plus. Team player.
- Should be able to perform well in a cross functional team set up.
- College graduate, preferably in Finance, Mortgage/Consumer lending, engineering and/or economic analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.