SunTrust Banks Consumer Fraud Operational Risk Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W455205
Responsible for establishing and directing execution of the operational risk policy, framework, and strategy throughout the organization.
Develops and manages operational risk and risk-related policies, as well as reviews and coordinates with business areas to develop function specific risk policies to ensure compliance with the Operational Risk Policy and Framework.
Manages operational risk management communications, training, documentation, procedures, and processes.
Provides leadership and direction on operational risk management industry developments.
Manages lower level Operational Risk & Control Analysts and Consultants.
Develop and maintain LOB/function’s operational risk management processes, consistent with STI’s Operational Risk Policy.
Implements strategies and methods related to operational risk management framework within the organization, including risk and control assessments, key risk, and performance measurement data, along with monitoring and mitigation management strategies.
Develop segment/function Risk Committee materials, including evaluation of program effectiveness, level and direction of risks, key and emerging risks, and status of previously-identified risk and control issues.
Recruit and develop talent; manage an organization that keeps resources productively engaged in moving the business forward.
Foster an environment where team members can grow in relevant knowledge and experience.
Demonstrated ability to access and analyze actual and emerging risks within highly complex Functions/LOB’s.
- Sound leadership effectiveness and a strong ability to influence executives.
- 12 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency and understanding of operational risk.
- 6 years supervisory or management level experience.
- Demonstrated experience with regulatory agencies, requirements, and/or regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fluid environment, and to work both independently and as a team member. Preferred Requirements:
MBA or advanced degree.
- Consulting experience at a corporate level.
- Professional certification or license
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Project management skills
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.