SunTrust Banks Compliance Consultant in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W460523
This position will report to the Enterprise Compliance Program Manager and will assist the Program Manager with the ongoing monitoring of SunTrust’s Volcker Compliance Program and oversight of the Corporate and Investment Banking/SunTrust Robinson Humphries, Inc. (CIB/STRH) compliance program within the Company’s Enterprise Compliance organization. Specifically, this position will be responsible for the following compliance activities:
- Coordinate with Legal and Compliance officers, lines of business and functional areas, and other stakeholders on Volcker Rule related matters including the fielding of ongoing inquiries, questions etc.;
- Update and maintain the enterprise-level Volcker Rule related policies, procedures and controls;
- Manage regulatory change processes to identify applicable regulatory developments, conduct regulatory change impact assessments and monitor implementation of remediation plans to ensure compliance;
- Remain responsible for apprising and educating teammates and internal management of regulatory changes and associated impact, along with managing any related project implementation workstreams;
- Ensure internal lines of business and functions have developed and implemented compliance program to ensure compliance with regulatory and Company requirements;
- Execute monitoring routines to oversee compliance issues, metrics, and adherence to compliance requirements mandated by the Company;
- Partner with the Company’s independent compliance testing function to ensure sufficient testing within the division to identify issues and emerging risks;
- Aggregate management reporting of the division’s compliance risk by clearly presenting inherent risk, control effectiveness and residual risk;
- Participate in Company risk assessment processes for business changes such as modifying existing or introducing new products to identify compliance risks that require remediation;
- Engage and manage regulatory examinations impacting the stated division, and perform independent validation of regulatory issues to ensure the division has adequately remediated all deficiencies;
- Implement action plans to address regulatory and audit issues impacting the Corporate Compliance function.
- Maintain the Company’s Compliance Management System including the legal entity / Covered Fund assessment process;
- Interface with Technology and Business Information Office partners to implement ongoing Compliance Management System improvements;
- Track and investigate any potential exceptions related to Volcker Rule related limits and metrics;
- Be responsible for the Enterprise Volcker training program which also includes assessing internal training needs and ensure delivery of appropriate training for teammates across the Enterprise;
- Work with internal Operational Risk Management partners to update and maintain Volcker Program Office controls;
- Partner with Company’s independent testing functions to ensure sufficient testing within the division to identify issues and emerging risks;
- Formulate agendas and prepare executive level (including to the Board and other senior management level) risk committee materials, including for the Volcker Rule related risk committee;
- Implement action plans to address regulatory and audit issues impacting the Volcker Program Office;
- Manage and execute annual CEO certification process, including working with Volcker control owners to update and maintain controls and coordinate sub-certifications or control sign-offs Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent related work experience.
- 9 years experience within the financial services environment with demonstrated strong knowledge of standard compliance concepts, laws, regulations, practices and policies associated with the industry.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage others.
- Attention to detail and precision with solid follow-up capabilities
- Ability to work with large sets of data
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of legal and organizational matters and the ability to apply knowledge to issues of all levels of complexity
- Well-developed verbal and written communication / presentation skills
- Project management and facilitation skills
- Perform multiple tasks in a fluid environment
- Understanding of different technologies used in the financial service industry
- Advanced PC skills; Able to create and manage Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
Knowledge of Volcker Rule, CFTC, FINRA, MSRB and/or SEC Rules Preferred Qualifications:
More than 6 years of financial services compliance monitoring, auditing or examination experience and work experience within the industry related to two of the following: deposits, lending, securities or technology.
- More than 2 yrs management experience.
- Prior Audit or Regulatory Agency experience. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.