SunTrust Banks Commercial Real Estate – Portfolio Manager, Location: Atlanta, GA or Miami, FL in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W449640
Provides a wide range of Commercial Real Estate underwriting, portfolio management, and credit origination services to Florida Regional Commercial Real Estate (CRE) and Institutional Private Capital (IPC) CRE Teams, Senior CRE Portfolio Managers, and CRE Relationship Managers
Provides a wide range of credit underwriting and sales coordination services to assigned segments within National Commercial Real Estate in coordination with Senior CRE Portfolio Managers (PM) and CRE Relationship Managers (RM) including: underwriting and evaluation analysis of project (CRE) and non-project secured (CRE) credit facilities, preparation of credit approval packages and presentation of analysis, ongoing monitoring and annual review of assigned relationships, renewals of complex credits, coordination of loan closings and servicing, quarterly analysis of risk ratings and project updates including covenant compliance review, and non-credit account set-ups. Completes in-depth analysis of financial data and other information provided by the client and/or deal team. Supplements analysis with research and evaluations from a wide variety of industry and market sources to develop an assessment of client, competitor, property segment, market and industry risks and trends. Analysis consists of traditional CRE underwriting with focus on property performance over time. Summarizes recommendations with supporting financial reports. Collaborates with the CRE RM and PM Team to identify credit worthy projects within targeted markets while developing an in-depth knowledge of SunTrust Commercial Real Estate underwriting and industry product solutions.
The role may also serve as a secondary contact on assigned client relationships. The role supports ongoing monitoring of the credit portfolio and loan portfolio administration. The role reports to the CRE Portfolio Manager Team Lead for Florida and IPC. CRE PMs must demonstrate the ability to successfully manage complex portfolios and multi task while working under critical deadlines to meet client needs. Typically has responsibility for credit analysis underwriting projects in Florida and nationwide CRE markets. Project underwriting may include construction, opportunistic, value-add, or core assets. Coordinates and collaborates with other teammates including senior PMs, loan servicing and loan closing teams, CRE Middle Office support on depository relationships, and product specialists (syndications, derivatives, treasury and payment solutions, etc) in support of the Florida and IPC portfolios.
· Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· 1 to 2 years demonstrated financial services experience with Commercial Banking and/or Commercial Real Estate and credit products or commercial real estate portfolio management experience
· Completion of intermediate accounting / finance courses OR comparable commercial real estate content course-work.
· Completion of commercial banking associate, credit training program or commercial banking training program OR 3 years experience on a commercial banking or commercial real estate banking team
· College degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
· Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Masters of Science (MS) with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, or Commercial Real Estate (CRE); or an equivalent combination of educational and experience or other related advanced degree.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of ARGUS software and use of 3rd party Real Estate Data Sources (Co-Star, REIS, Axiometrics) Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.