SunTrust Banks CML Operational Risk Consultant in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W453730
The Wholesale Operational Risk Management program is seeking an Operational Risk Consultant to provide the leadership, support and oversight for the Total Operating Exposure (TOE) Support group as well as to provide ORM oversight coverage for the Commercial Banking line of business and Centralized Lending Unit. The CML Operational Risk Management Team is responsible for providing the leadership, support and oversight for the CML Division’s operational risk management activities and overall operational risk exposure. The Operational Risk Consultant serves as the risk management expert providing direction, support and meaningful input to ensure effective risk management practices in support of the business’s strategic objectives. Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Overseeing the TOE annual review and approval processes
- Reconciling the processing systems with TOE Reporting Tool
- Providing pre-populated TOE Risk Forms and assisting with completion of the TOE Risk Forms
- Monitoring and escalating expired approvals to senior management
- Answer ongoing questions and assists as needed with complicated multiple entity requests
- Develop and support management’s execution of efficient risk mitigation strategies
- Complete process risk and control design reviews and testing to provide effective risk oversight
- Develop and delivery of effective risk reporting to key stakeholders
- Assures that adequate processes and procedures are in place to effectively monitor and manage risk
- Support the identification, assessment and response to address new and emerging risks by identifying and support the use of appropriate tools, resources and active participation in business initiatives
- Promote awareness of operational risks and related risk management responsibilities through teammate training and effective communication.
- Ensuring timely and accurate capture of operational risk data Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management
- Strong knowledge of SOX and other industry-related regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
- Professional communications and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership or management skills.
Solid knowledge of risk management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, and deep understanding of segment/function business processes, with the ability to assess levels of adherence/execution and identify risk/control improvement opportunities.Preferred Qualifications:
Strong bank operations experience
- Experience in depository risks
- Solid project management skills
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.