SunTrust Banks Category Management Project Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W451886
Job Description Responsible for partnering and building business relationships with various business units and across the team to assist with the development, validation, and implementation of commodity/category strategies that align with business objectives. Works closely with other Commodity Managers, and with internal stakeholders to establish contract and spend data requirements to enable Category Strategies. Also works closely with external suppliers/partners, leading contract negotiations to enhance shareholder value and manage supply side risk, achieve lowest total cost of ownership and fulfill the needs of the respective line of business or support function within the bank. Develops, deploys and manages comprehensive commodity sourcing strategies (based on the 6 Step Sourcing Process and Total Cost of Ownership principles) that support the enterprise's business strategies in commodity areas encompassing the company infrastructure. In addition to spend and price leverage optimization, play an active role in managing business partner relationships to facilitate and further develop supply side strategies aligned with Demand/Consumption needs of the business.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years experience with integrated work streams, process development or project management.
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written; excellent listening skills.
- Proven client management, influencing and change management experience.
- Strong critical thinking skills to solve complex problems and think through tangible and intangible factors.
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, develop solutions and ground recommendations on solid analytics.
- Highly proficient with MS Office applications; advanced MS Excel skills a must.
Ability to function with a high sense of urgency in a fluid environment with even-shifting priorities. Preferred Qualifications:
Ariba systems proficiency.
- Strategic sourcing and third party risk management experience.
- Master's degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years’ experience in Strategic Sourcing or Commodity/Category Management.
- 8+ years’ experience in roles which included significant financial management responsibilities in managing large spend and complex commodities/categories.
- Ability to formulate contractual agreements.
- Ability to successfully apply organizational change management principles to change efforts (both large and small).
- Demonstrates a strategic business perspective; understands commodity strategy design in support of the enterprise's business strategies and goals.
- Significant knowledge of spend commodities/categories (available goods and services) within their area of Strategic Sourcing discipline.
- Understands cost benefit analysis approaches to enable the modification and/or deployment of new goods and services throughout the enterprise.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills with ability to work with a diverse workforce and drive results through collaborative partnerships.
- Ability to manage through complex negotiations.
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.