SunTrust Banks Capital Markets Operations Specialist (Loan Trading Closer) in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W455184
SunTrust Agency Services is looking to add a Loan Trading Closer to their team. This position will work with various trading desks to settle primary, secondary loan trades as well as TRS trades. Core duties include: Review of legal documentation (Trade Confirmation, Assignment and Assumption Agreements and Funding Memos) for accuracy and completeness.
Liaise and coordinate trade closings among traders, counterparties, agents, vendors and legal to resolve trade settlement issues. Review and interpret Credit Agreements, specifically assignability language. Familiarity with LSTA standard terms and conditions, LSTA documents and ability to draft and/or verify pricing (funding memo.) Familiar with electronic settlement systems (Loan IQ, ClearPar, WSO.)
Communicate proactively and effectively with clients, as needed. Work within the team as well as across the firm to resolve issues and meet deadlines: specifically with Sales/Trading, Accounting, Agency Services and other internal teams on issues with P&L, positions reconcilement, etc. Must be able to multitask and resolve issues on a daily basis while adhering to deadlines. Build or update Counterparty information in Loan IQ.
- High School Diploma plus 6 years of industry work experience or BS/BA College Degree and 1-3 years of work experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working on numerous items at one time.
- Ability to enter data correctly and efficiently is essential.
- Strong communications, time management, problem solving and orientation to detail are essential skills.
Work experience associated with Financial Services industry; basic understanding of Microsoft Office products. Preferred Requirements:
BS/BA College Degree.
- Prior experience in bank or brokerage operations demonstrating the ability to increased level of responsibility.
- Some knowledge of brokerage or loan systems.
- Knowledge of syndicated loan markets.
- Working knowledge and understanding of credit agreements as it pertains to loan settlements.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment and under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to assume extended responsibility.
- Loan IQ, WSO and ClearPar system knowledge.
- Trade closing and or trading desk experience. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.