SunTrust Banks Capital Markets Operations Specialist (Atlanta or Orlando) in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W456246
The primary responsibilities for this position are providing administrative and operational syndicated loan servicing support for the agented syndicated loan portfolio. Duties include:
- Act as Administrative Agent in Syndicated Deals led by SunTrust Bank
- Interact daily with internal and external customers Interpret credit agreements and be the direct point of contact to Borrowers and Syndicate members
- Processing of all loan and letter of credit activity on assigned portfolio including execution of payments
- Collection and remittance of funds from/to clients and bank group lenders
- Trigger all required events under the deal structure including billing for interest, fees and other events
- Accuracy of all calculations and providing explanations to borrowers/syndicate members
- Posting documents and quarterly Compliance to SyndTrak
- Updating CUSIP site as required
- Review of past due reports and taking action as required
- Generating reports for clients
- Updating policy/procedure
- Preparing data for audit requests Qualifications
- High School Diploma plus 5 years of industry work experience or BS/BA College Degree and 0-2 years of work experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working on numerous items at one time.
- Ability to enter data correctly and efficiently is essential.
- Strong communications, time management, problem solving and orientation to detail are essential skills.
Work experience associated with Financial Services industry; basic understanding of Microsoft Office products. Preferred Requirements:
Ability to function independently as a technical expert
- Fully knowledgeable of products and businesses
- 3-5 years’ experience in assigned product/functional area, and five to ten years of overall experience
- Knowledge or experience in accounting for syndicated loans and applicable accounting issues.
- Ability to extract and apply principles from legal documentation
- Knowledge of operational, administrative and accounting requirements for loan servicing
- Capable of identifying potential issues and risks and formulate mitigating solutions
- Extremely detailed oriented with a proven track record for accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with various stakeholders including Clients, senior management and outside counsel
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Team-oriented work ethic that includes willingness to help others
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products; experience with Loan IQ a plus
- Prior experience with creating reports and/or queries for management or financial reporting. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.