SunTrust Banks Associate - Corporate & Investment Banking Administration / Risk in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W455285
The CIB Administration team manages, develops and documents the overarching CIB Risk Management processes that encompass all CIB business lines. This is a highly visible team that drives critical internal presentations for the CIB Risk Officers, CIB Leadership and the firm, such as the CIB Executive Team, CIB Head of Compliance, CIB Head of Operational Risk and CIB Audit. The team also aids in the development and documentation of risk playbooks and procedures for the sub lines of business to help drive development and execution of risk management. In addition, this team engages as the business lead for Wholesale/Enterprise system implementations impacting CIB and plays an advisory role with the leadership teams to ensure integration points are captured appropriately and effectively.The team also partners with functional teams to ensure CIB risk issues are successfully resolved, manage prioritization of technology projects, manage vendor relationships and monitor third party vendor risk status.
CIB Administration – Associate Risk Administration
The Associate role on the Corporate & Investment Banking (“CIB”) Administration team supports the Risk Administration team in helping drive the growth, the prevention of risk and compliance with regulations and laws that impact all CIB business and product lines, including Investment Banking, Corporate Banking, Capital Markets and Asset Finance.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Support the Risk Administration team to ensure Coverage and Product Origination groups understand risk for their LOB, appropriately mitigate risks and execute according to policy and regulations
• Assist with the preparation of the build and maintenance of best practices playbooks for each LOB. Ensure procedures are documented with ORM and Compliance guidance.
• Perform quality assurance activities, enhance controls applicable across CIB
• Escalate issues for recurring symptomatic events. Identify and recommend preventative solutions
• Work with CIB ORM and CIB Compliance to report group level KRIs/KPIs
• Ensure compliance/risk training is complete and appropriate across CIB
• Perform the Business Continuity Plans reviews, Information Access Management – physical space review, Business Impact Analysis and Disaster Recovery plan reviews, document updates and test as needed
• Assist with preparing documents for ongoing regulatory exams, walkthroughs and audits including consolidated reporting for exec level review
• Set up maintain the administrative infrastructure for CIB including organizational charts, committee charters, ease of access to risk and training materials
• Maintain CIB knowledge share intranet site Qualifications
· BA/BS degree
· 4 years of related work experience
· Strong knowledge of investment banking, market, industry sector, and/or financial products
· Mastery of financial and accounting concepts to facilitate the creation or review of in-depth financial models involved in transactions
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
· Advanced skills in written and oral communications, and interpersonal relationship management
· Solid analytical and sales skills
· Proven self-starter with ability to multitask and be resourceful in meeting deadlines with quality results in a fast-paced and changing environment
· Experience working in financial services preferably operational risk, compliance or related field
· Strong presentation development skills with the ability to summarize complex information and risks in clear and concise reports and deliver it in executive level presentations with precision
· Outstanding interpersonal and collaborative skills with the ability to interact, influence, negotiate and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
· Candidate must be highly analytical with experience in collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing data from multiple sources and identify key issues, develop hypotheses, gather and analyze data to prove / disprove hypotheses, and develop actionable recommendations
· Ability to work cross functionally with diverse personalities
· Strong work ethic and desire to learn continuously
· Excellent teamwork skills
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.