SunTrust Banks Application Architect in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W454934
Provides application, systems, or process design recommendations based on short- and long-term IT organization strategy. Develops enterprise level application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features. Uses a variety of platforms to provide automated systems applications. Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business. Determines specifications, then plans, designs, and develops the most complex and business critical software solutions, utilizing appropriate software engineering processes-either individually or in concert with project team. Provides architectural strategy and direction for multiple diverse application functions on a variety of multi-platform systems in order to support the achievement of corporate business objectives. Develops application strategy in support of short- and long-term business plans as well as application implications and software development requirements. Participates in the development of company business system architecture plans and reviews cost and feasibility of system requests while ensuring the plan supports the strategic needs of the company. May develop programming and development standards and procedures as well as programming architectures for code reuse. Applies in-depth knowledge of programming languages and designing, coding, testing etc. Understands and consistently applies the attributes and processes of current application development methodologies. Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the business. Viewed as a technical expert and critical technical resource. Typically leads complex projects and participates in larger initiatives. Solves complex technical and operational problems. Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience. May have people management responsibilities for a small team.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience in development or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
- Experience applying and utilizing enterprise architecture standards.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information. Preferred Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in developing architecture diagrams, conceptual design, technical design documentation and technical reference materials for client/internal consumption.
- Capable of playing different roles within the team, from lead architect to Sr developer with hands-on abilities, to technical team leader.
- Demonstrated experience implementing multiple technical integration project SDLCs (Software Development Life Cycle) end-to-end.
- Experience developing, profiling, and troubleshooting application code and automated testing tools.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Microservices, Web Services, Microsoft Technologies such as NET (e.g., VB .Net, C#, or C++, ASP.Net), XML. Database platforms such as Oracle, SQL Server.
- Knowledge of UML and design tools.
- Knowledge of Agile development & release practices.
- Understanding of Web-based authentication/authorization technologies (e.g. OAuth, JWT, SAML, and OpenID).
- Banking or financial services experience.
- Wealth management experience.
- ITIL and TOGAF Certifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.