SunTrust Banks Analyst or Associate - AFG Project Finance in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W456875
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (SunTrust) is actively growing its project finance platform. Over the last five years, SunTrust has rapidly expanded its presence in the US project finance market with $3BN+ in capital commitments. SunTrust supports a wide range of clients on a lead basis, including top financial sponsors, developers and corporates in the US. Focus on growth has increased as origination for project finance debt and tax equity has been combined under the Asset Finance Group. The combination will expand our product capabilities with clients and offer powerful efficiencies that will set SunTrust apart.
To assist in growing the platform, the SunTrust is seeking seasoned professionals to support the origination and execution of project finance transactions. Transactions will range from loans in various debt markets to tax-equity products, including sale leaseback’s and partnership flip financings. Debt transactions include acquisition financing to support STRH clients active in M&A processes, term financing of operating assets and construction loans for new assets. Market focus will include both renewable power (solar, wind) and thermal power (natural gas, coal) with potential growth in other sub-sectors. The position will include close coordination with Corporate and Investment Bankers, the SunTrust’s Syndication & Leverage Finance Group and senior leadership.
SunTrust is actively seeking seasoned professionals with 4+ years of experience, preferably with experience at financial institutions with proven track records in leading and executing project finance transactions. While ideal experience includes exposure to both non-recourse debt and tax equity financing, SunTrust encourages applicants that have primary experience in one of these markets to apply. Job titles will ultimately be commensurate with the strength of experience.
· Support senior members of the Project Finance team with a range of origination and execution efforts.
· Actively support the group with financial modelling responsibilities, including management and mentoring of junior staff with financial modelling duties.
· Assist and manage the underwriting and credit approval process of project finance transactions.
· Assist in the syndication and execution of project finance loans, including the development of marketing materials, negotiation of financing documents and facilitation of closings.
· Structure potential transactions to provide premium returns while minimizing risk to the institution and that meet our clients financing objectives.
· Interface with SunTrust’s Corporate Tax Division and Energy Risk Manager to insure potential transactions meet required risk and tax acceptance criteria
· Partner with internal stakeholders (including Credit, Syndicated & Leverage Finance, Risk, Finance, Tax and Operations) to achieve deal approvals, structure approvals, tax capacity allocations, accurate reporting Qualifications
· BA/BS degree
· Proven analytical ability and attention to detail
· Solid leadership and interpersonal skills
· Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Some related work experience since graduation from an undergraduate program
· Proven background in originating and executing left and right lead mandates for energy project finance transactions
· Strong understanding of US power market, with experience in renewable energy, tax equity financing structures or power merchant financing
· Strong risk management background
· Ability to operate as part of a team in a banker coverage model
· Technical Excel modeling expertise with project finance transactions (debt and/or tax equity)
· Ability to work independently, and efficiently manage multiple on-going transactions/projects
· Strong communication skills (both written and verbal); ability to communicate complex or technical concepts to a diverse audience
· Demonstrated business acumen/commercial awareness Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.