SunTrust Banks Analyst - Financial Sponsors Group in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W456320
The Financial Sponsors Group (FSG) is seeking a senior Analyst or junior Associate to serve as an FSG Business Manager.
Operating as a coverage group within the Corporate and Investment Bank (“CIB”), FSG is responsible for providing strategic advice and investment banking services to support private equity groups and their portfolio companies.
The FSG Business Manager will play an integral role on the FSG team. The FSG Business Manager will be expected to perform tasks primarily assigned by the FSG Group Head and senior FSG Business Manager. Such tasks support the ongoing operations of FSG and the execution of the group’s business plan. Examples include, but are not limited to, (i) producing and analyzing FSG’s financial performance, revenue pipeline, and credit outstanding; (ii) updating reports and databases related to private equity clients and their portfolio companies; (iii) analyzing data to support the origination of M&A and capital markets fees from private equity clients; (iv) assisting in the tracking of acquisition financing transactions in which there may be multiple bidders; and (v) supporting FSG’s partnership with key areas of SunTrust outside of CIB, including Commercial Banking.
Under limited supervision, the FSG Business Manager will be expected to draft presentations and marketing materials, perform industry and portfolio company research, and perform statistical analysis.
The FSG Business Manager must have strong interpersonal skills to interact daily with internal coverage and product partners, FSG teammates, and other areas of the organization, including CIB Business Management, Credit/Risk, Commercial Banking, Compliance, and Marketing. The FSG Business Manager must follow all risk related practices and policies. Qualifications
· BA/BS degree
· Proven analytical ability and attention to detail
· Solid leadership and interpersonal skills
· Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Some related work experience since graduation from an undergraduate program
· 1 or more years in sponsor coverage, M&A, leveraged finance, industry coverage, portfolio management, or acquisition financing.
· Experience working on a universal banking platform in a position that interacts with private equity groups and/or their portfolio companies.
· Strong interpersonal skills; understanding of investment banking products and services; proven analytical ability and attention to detail; superior written and oral communication skills; and exemplary Excel and PowerPoint capabilities.
· Demonstrated leadership skills; success working in a fast-paced, team environment; strong knowledge of investment banking, private equity investing, debt and equity capital markets, and/or financial products.
· Series 79 and 63. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.